Benefits of Rooting

dyoung111

Dec 30, 2010
Hi,

This is an excellent forum, and I'd like to thank the moderators for all their good work. I have the Coby 7015, and it took me a couple of days to get comfortable with it, but now I'm good to go. I can easily and quickly surf the net, get email, play games, listen to music, view photos and videos- all the types of things I typically do on my laptop at home. I've been reading about rooting, and it sounds like something I could accomplish without many issues. My question: if I'm not all that interested in accessing the entire Google Android market, what benefits would I get from rooting? I take it I could access MS office documents, but thats not a huge benefit for me. Could I install a printer driver on the device after routing? I take it that I cant install Adobe Flash to make web videos accessible after rooting, so I'm not sure I see the point, other than having 'administrator rights" to my tab. What am I missing?

fimakr

Jan 1, 2011
Hi,

...I can easily and quickly surf the net, get email, play games, listen to music, view photos and videos- all the types of things I typically do on my laptop at home...
I am glad you've been lucky and most certainly smart to accomplish all these.
I am still having problems with downloading the music and video to my Coby/Kyros.
I started a new thread at http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/4983-coby-kryos-mid7015-mp3-upload.html and really would appreciate it if you give step-by-step instruction hot to load the music from the web and from one's PC's library and save it to the tablet. Same for video will also be very helpful.
Thank you

cobynancy

Dec 29, 2010
One reason i want to root is to have a way to back up my system. I understand you can't do that without rooting?

mary123

Jan 17, 2011
If you read around in this section, you'll find a thread about that.
Seems that there is a 2.2 firmware that some more advanced users have tried on their 7-inch Haipads, but they didn't stay with it because it wasn't complete and didn't have the Flash support everybody wants so badly.

There is also some question about how these tablets would handle the additional load.

I would say keep monitoring the forums (we can do without the bumps) and read up on what folks are doing to tweak more performance on their existing setups.

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Release Board (US) using Android Tablet Forum App

alixolson

Jan 22, 2011
hi all,
i can easily surfing my computer at home .my system is working properly i am plying games on it . listing music .watching movies using messengers etc