Why Should I?

mysusie

Mar 2, 2011
Why should I root etc. my 7015? I see that I could have Google Store and access to lots of apps, however I would still be stuck with Android 2.1. And it appears that many apps are designed for the newer versions of Android. I have been fooling around with Getjar and most of the apps I have downloaded can't be installed because they are not designed for 2.1.

Any thoughts.

Thanks
:confused:

droidx

Jun 1, 2013
Rooting is ridiculously hard on the 7015, so I would recommend leaving it alone or buying a tablet that's already rooted.
P.S. I tried rooting on my 7015. It didn't work. :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Why should I root etc. my 7015? I see that I could have Google Store and access to lots of apps, however I would still be stuck with Android 2.1. And it appears that many apps are designed for the newer versions of Android. I have been fooling around with Getjar and most of the apps I have downloaded can't be installed because they are not designed for 2.1.

Any thoughts.

Thanks
:confused:

You are correct there is really no point in rooting an old tablet, as you noticed not that many apps are for android OS before 4.0 ICS.
While you could upgrade to 2.3 it's not really much of a upgrade, you still have the same lack of apps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet