Best Tablet for My School

Profpost

Aug 1, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I am so glad I have found this forum! I am a technology teacher at a small private school. We are interested in purchasing a classroom set of tablets and cart to be shared by the teachers. I will be the one responsible for managing all of the devices. I have limited experience with the Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Kindle Fire, Ipod touch, and Nook. My concerns are:
1. Can tablets other than the Kindle be networked so that I do not have to update each tablet individually,
2. Do any of the tablets work with Windows Multipoint Server (which we plan to install next month)
3. How can I do this cost effectively -ie. best buy for our purpose, prices of apps and text (how many devices can I download a book on?)

I have more questions, but this is a good start. I am eager to hear what you can tell me!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Profpost, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to answer your questions. Good luck!

Happiness

Oct 8, 2013
wow datz interesting thing now a days new tablets are introduced for students and teachers it would be a great contribution to education.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Do any of the tablets work with Windows Multipoint Server (which we plan to install next month)

There is no Connector for non-x86 devices e.g. iPads, Android tablets, Surface RT devices. For these devices one solution is to get a Remote Desktop client such as is available for free in the Microsoft Store for the Surface RT, and use it to connect to a WMS session on the host. This gives everyone the same, orchestrated Windows 8 experience regardless of their device. This is strongly recommended for BYOD scenarios.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Everyone,
I am so glad I have found this forum! I am a technology teacher at a small private school. We are interested in purchasing a classroom set of tablets and cart to be shared by the teachers. I will be the one responsible for managing all of the devices. I have limited experience with the Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Kindle Fire, Ipod touch, and Nook. How can I do this cost effectively -ie. best buy for our purpose, prices of apps and text? I have more questions, but this is a good start. I am eager to hear what you can tell me!

iDeaUSA, the consumer electronics manufacturer, has launched the iDeaPLAY – a tablet especially built for kids to enjoy and designed to give parents and teachers peace of mind. The fully-featured Android device is compliant with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), ensuring children (ages 4 and up) a fun and educational experience with flexible parental controls. The tablet comes pre-loaded with great apps and premium content, but is priced at just $129 (USD), keeping school budgets in mind.