Teacher needing to control all the class's tablets. Possible?

joyelyse

Jun 4, 2013
Hi, I'm a first time poster.

I'm a teacher in 2nd grade. We are currently testing out using tablets with our classes. Right now, we only have five tablets, and I'm manually going in and starting the same ap on each tablet. It's time consuming just for the five. I have twenty students. If the pilot program were to be adopted, I'd have twenty tablets to manually set up each time. (I don't want students launching aps, as I need to control what they are doing.) I'm wondering if there is a way I can simultaneously launch one app on all the tablets from my own tablet or from my laptop. If I can't figure this out, I don't think the school will end up adopting tablets for the classroom.

I've been doing research. I see that I can get a number of tablets to display the same images, but that doesn't let me launch aps.

Thank you.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum, where is Bostin? ;)

I don;t think that will be possible. The closest you could get would be to clear all the apps off the home screen except for the one you want. It's a shame really since so many classrooms are starting to use tablets now.