Binatone Homesurf 705 Problem

Sander_Koop

Sep 20, 2012
New to the forum, not new to Android tablets - I have a few. And one of them is giving me grief, so I need some help!

It's a Binatone Homesurf 705 (yes, I know it's crap, but it was free!).

And it keeps crashing. It boots fine, and as long as you don't unlock the screen it looks to be working OK.

When you swipe the unlock, however, it instantly comes up "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

I have tried the reset pin hole button on the back, that has no effect at all.

Is there a way of booting this thing into recovery and doing a clean wipe? Or using Odin to flash a new firmware to it? I have googled & googled, but can't find any info...

Binatone support want £40 to repair it, which is more than the thing is worth...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Sander, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. I'm going to move this thread over there for you so folks can discuss your problem with you and hopefully come up with a solution. Good luck!

Sander_Koop

Sep 20, 2012
Hi Sander, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. I'm going to move this thread over there for you so folks can discuss your problem with you and hopefully come up with a solution. Good luck!

Cheers, Spider. I hope someone can help - I figure this tablet is probably sold around the world under many different brands, but trying to find which is proving diffivcult! :confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
While you're waiting to see if anyone can help, you might try a forum search. Use the forum search box at the top of any forum page. It's right under the "Settings" and "Logout" buttons. Use Binatone or Homesurf as your argument, then look through the posts that come up to see if there's anything that helps you.

Sander_Koop

Sep 20, 2012
Side note; I can access the system files via Windows Explorer - but because of the error I can NOT get the tablet into debugging mode, so I can't even TRY to use ADB to try anything with it...

Sander_Koop

Sep 20, 2012
While you're waiting to see if anyone can help, you might try a forum search. Use the forum search box at the top of any forum page. It's right under the "Settings" and "Logout" buttons. Use Binatone or Homesurf as your argument, then look through the posts that come up to see if there's anything that helps you.

Tried that, Spider - nothing! :(

Sander_Koop

Sep 20, 2012
*BUMP*

Anybody? Please? There must be other tabs that share the hardware, so I can at least TRY to flash a different firmware? :(

p3op73

Jan 14, 2015
*BUMP*

Anybody? Please? There must be other tabs that share the hardware, so I can at least TRY to flash a different firmware? :(
Hi i just got one today 2nd hand and found it dont download too well on large files. I dont know much about it yet but is there any other things i should know about it? Its been reset and version 4 and fast at the mo.