Bit the bullet, ordered the nc.

derelict

Mar 2, 2011
Just chiming in that I also bit the bullet and jumped on the ebay deal. My NC should be arriving today. I have been lurking here and was considering getting a shanzai tab, but the ebay deal was too good to pass up... looking forward to having some fun with this thing!

vico512

Mar 2, 2011
Wow! I'm amazed...overnight delivery from Barnes & Noble, via the Big Brown Truck. My NC was lying on the doorstep, awaiting my arrival. There goes my evening plans...!!

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
OK, so Nook is here. Installed CM7 latest nightly, after setting up a B&N account. Signed in to my google account, and finally got my wifi figured out. Opened Market, and its like it is stuck trying to download market apps. It has been there for a good hour now. Any suggestions?

After further review, I think I'm just going to create a new google account for the nook. Since probaby 70% of the apps I associated with my droid X account, I wont want on my NC anyway.

Last edited:

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
First make sure you have sync turned off then- settings>applications>manage>sort all>Market> uninstall updates>
then go to Google services framework> clear data> re-boot

This has been posted a few times for issues related to my apps not showing up in the market. I discovered that it also solves the issue with the market trying to install EVERYTHING at once on a fresh install.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
First make sure you have sync turned off then- settings>applications>manage>sort all>Market> uninstall updates>
then go to Google services framework> clear data> re-boot

This has been posted a few times for issues related to my apps not showing up in the market. I discovered that it also solves the issue with the market trying to install EVERYTHING at once on a fresh install.

Correct! What would I do without you?

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
Sure does!!! I reloaded CM7, and skipped google account. Turned off sync, and then added account. Worked like a charm!!

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Well alllllriiiiight! Welcome to the fold. Now with go grab Samba Fileshare and ES File Explorer and you won't have to plug your NC into your PC ever again. You can save that usb cable for the rare occasion that you need to charge it:cool:
This thread has a nifty little trick to get a NC icon on your task bar with Samba FS, flashing and updates couldn't be easier. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-how-access-nook-color-sd-card-over-wifi.html
And this one http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...olders-my-home-network-via-my-color-nook.html gives a little info on using ES to access shared libraries on your network.

"Have fun storming the castle"
Miracle Max

Cheers

LS

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
Awesome. Trying out Samba now. I also put it on my X. Very neat tool.

Side note. What is the consensus for youtube (or flash in general) working on CM7 nightly? It isnt working for me. I get a "Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played." message. I havetried clearing youtube cache. un-install re-install. And the "fixed" flash.apk.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Awesome. Trying out Samba now. I also put it on my X. Very neat tool.

Side note. What is the consensus for youtube (or flash in general) working on CM7 nightly? It isnt working for me. I get a "Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played." message. I havetried clearing youtube cache. un-install re-install. And the "fixed" flash.apk.

No YouTube with CM7, ever so far. It has to do with not having hardware video decoding functioning and is basically top of the priority list for them. When they get over that hump, CM7 really becomes a top 2 daily option.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
No YouTube with CM7, ever so far. It has to do with not having hardware video decoding functioning and is basically top of the priority list for them. When they get over that hump, CM7 really becomes a top 2 daily option.

We'll that sucks, but at least now I wont have to keep messing with it.
Thanks for the answer.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yo Army, what web browser do you use on your NC? Try Dolphin HD, in settings switch the user agent to "desktop" restart Dolphin. If you click on a Youtube link it will by default try to launch the youtube app. When you see the green box with the down arrow tap it, it should ask you which browser you want to use to open the link, check Dolphin HD as default, Bob's yer uncle (browser-based)Youtube works. This is not guaranteed, sometimes it does, sometimes not. It will play standard def. full screen, just allow it to buffer first.

Also I have had lots of luck with Vimeo, as long as you don't try to use the apps and just go through the browser you should be alright.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
No go for me. I just tried it just to make sure. It tells me I need to upgrade my current version of flash.

another quirk, I can't access the skin lists for beautiful Widgets. I click download skins, and it just sits there.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
No go for me. I just tried it just to make sure. It tells me I need to upgrade my current version of flash.

another quirk, I can't access the skin lists for beautiful Widgets. I click download skins, and it just sits there.

Oh well, worth a try right. When I changed the lcd-density to 161 per Faceman's instructions a few things worked that hadn't before. Give it a shot. I think it's the reason it's included in the rom. I know it fixes Maps and a few others. It got me My Apps back in the Market and smooths a few other things out. Like I said worth a shot.

A quick note; If you are not familiar with LCD-density it is really simple, just keep in mind that the setting only sticks until the next time you reboot.

edit: what version of flash are u on?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Oh well, worth a try right. When I changed the lcd-density to 161 per Faceman's instructions a few things worked that hadn't before. Give it a shot. I think it's the reason it's included in the rom. I know it fixes Maps and a few others. It got me My Apps back in the Market and smooths a few other things out. Like I said worth a shot.

A quick note; If you are not familiar with LCD-density it is really simple, just keep in mind that the setting only sticks until the next time you reboot.

edit: what version of flash are u on?

Sorry I wasn't clear earlier... if you change the setting in the build.prop file it is persistent. You need a file manager that allows R/W access, such as Root Explorer. Look in your /system folder and it's right there, long press to get menu and select "Open in Text Editor" then edit the line about lcd_density, then be sure to save & exit. Root Explorer automatically saves the original file when you do this. Then reboot, and you have a permanent change. :)