Boot Issue for RK2818

kapo0005

Mar 3, 2011
So now my rk2818 does not even start when i push the power button it blinks then goes off. If I hold the power button then I can see the green light on but then nothing comes on. Any idea why this is happening. When Plug in the power cord, I see the solid green light but nothing comes up on the screen but when I take the power cord out light goes out then when I push the power button the light comes on then goes off when take my finger off of it. I have the button pushed then light is still on then I take finger off no power light. All this time there is nothing on the screen. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Please Help!!!

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
I am having a similar issue with my Craig Tablet. The thing will not want to start up after its been off and charging. What gets it going is trying to start it with USB cable and pen drive inserted. After a few tries it starts up normal and you can shut it off and on again without issue. I now charge it in standby (screen turned off and dont have an issue turnng it off. Maybe this will help you

Try turning it on and while holding the power button insert the USB cable. Sometimes it take a few tries for it to work. I also noticed the power button needs to be pressed anywhere from 4s to 1min for the unit to turn on.
If still under warranty i would replace it if not we need to mod these to get a reset button on them. Probably the reset would get the processor in the correct state to start.
Good luck

So now my rk2818 does not even start when i push the power button it blinks then goes off. If I hold the power button then I can see the green light on but then nothing comes on. Any idea why this is happening. When Plug in the power cord, I see the solid green light but nothing comes up on the screen but when I take the power cord out light goes out then when I push the power button the light comes on then goes off when take my finger off of it. I have the button pushed then light is still on then I take finger off no power light. All this time there is nothing on the screen. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Please Help!!!