Bricked LY-706 in 30 mins!!!

Epadssuck

Aug 16, 2010
Hey all, so I just recieved my tablet in the mail today. It is the kind with the black backpanel and black back button.

I was very excited to find when it booted up it was already running 1.8.2.

For a good 30 minutes I tooled around with it, got a feel for it and installed the youtube add-in to get it working with my model. Things were good.

I left it to charge (the battery display on the screen indicated charging) and when I had returned, it powered on, and automatically promped the shut down menu. So it would boot up, then immediately shut down. This happened maybe three times, now it wont do anything when pressing the power button.. not even power any LED. I tried a different firmware, but of course if it can't even power on it can't boot the FW.

Any suggestions? Is there a trick to turn it on? Is it a defective power adapter?

I could probably return it, contacted the seller a few minutes ago and waiting to hear back. However, after this experience and all the other horror stories on here, I'd rather get a different one. Any suggestions? Possibly an irobot with rockchip?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
while your waiting for a response from the seller leave it unplugged and let it cool down for a while then try and turn it on with out having it plugged in and see if it does anything if not try plugging it in and see if it does anything. I wouldn't try flashing a new firmware until you know it will turn all the way on because if you do the seller might not let you return it. but if nothing happens definitely return it and buy a new tablet.

Epadssuck

Aug 16, 2010
while your waiting for a response from the seller leave it unplugged and let it cool down for a while then try and turn it on with out having it plugged in and see if it does anything if not try plugging it in and see if it does anything. I wouldn't try flashing a new firmware until you know it will turn all the way on because if you do the seller might not let you return it. but if nothing happens definitely return it and buy a new tablet.

Good point, I'll use some caution on that thanks.

I suspect a faulty charger. I powered it without the adapter plugged in and it automatically shut down, while doing so I snuck a peak at the battery indicater and it appeared to be drained. There's an LED on the charger that doesnt light when it's plugged in, I wasn't observant enough to see if it did before or not, but it did indicate charging on the pad before.

Does anybody have this model or similar whose had more positive experiences? When it was in operation it performed extremely well, would be a pity to switch because it was fast.

madriz

Sep 9, 2010
I have something similar it started to reset again and again it seems that it overheats when charging unpluged it and left alone a bit while it coolled down the it worked again ok

RipSaw10

Sep 22, 2010
What device did you buy? I have a MID M70003 with similar problems. I have spent hours searching for the manufacture and some help.

Firmware is Android 1.6, manufacture version 1.7.4, This came from the device when I could open files. Another Forum list this device as VIA based.

Situation so far:

Ran about two hours out of the box then started cycling boot to loading OS.

Reset didn't help.

Shut down, restart doesn't help.

Gets hot, I mean real hot at times, like 130 degrees F.

After setting in the box about a month, I figured it was now a $100 paper weight, it ran about four hours. I tired downloading an app, after about 30 minutes no download.

Plugged in charger, screen went black, could no longer turn on the device.

A week later device turns on, boots, loads OS, but when the screen is touched the cycling starts.

Last edited:

thammanitn

Oct 7, 2010
Hello, i'm from bangkok have one big issue, so i try to update ly-706 v1.7.4 build1.6 to build 1.7 form someone host(don't remember that). Result: First boot screen has show icon startup screen, after that screed has show only half isn't full and any button can't any actions (Unlock or restart) use only turn off machine. So can help fix for this now i'm search many website not found the reason. :(

el_tako

Dec 9, 2010
Hi I have a similar problem, my tablet model is mid706 with Android 1.6 try upgrading to version 1.8 but in the process the screen goes off and since then I have failed to ignite, I have visited many sites but none has given me a solution to remedy my problem, any idea how to fix?