Broke my NC USB Cable

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Well most of you already know that NC's USB cable's tip is delicate & today I broke it :(

I Googled & found that those Non B&N cables take a lot of time compared to original ones. Is it true ? Or Cheap cables also work ?

Some Black Berry phone cables are also similar [USB Hot sync] can I use them ?

Problem is I am from India & importing original cable costs a bomb :-/

they still giving free cable replacement or stopped ? I know they never ship it to India :p

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Wow ! That's great...Thanks a lot :D

ygpm :)

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
Avi, how did yours break exactly? I am being very careful with mine since I'm also not from the US. If I break mine, then it'd be a lot of trouble to get a replacement too.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
@SP Mine apparently broke trying to support the weight of it's own cord. I had the nook on a table with the connector sticking out over the edge and the cord hanging down to the floor where the charger was plugged in. After a while I noticed the orange light looked funny and saw the connector had broken. It's very fragile. Maybe coating it with clear nail polish or something to strengthen it would help.

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
@SP Mine apparently broke trying to support the weight of it's own cord. I had the nook on a table with the connector sticking out over the edge and the cord hanging down to the floor where the charger was plugged in. After a while I noticed the orange light looked funny and saw the connector had broken. It's very fragile. Maybe coating it with clear nail polish or something to strengthen it would help.

Thank Spider. On it's own weight? Jeez, it is fragile. I've been careful enough not to bang the ends or anything but this just scares me.

I've read about the nail polish but haven't given it much thought. I've got some epoxy that would probably hold it better sans the look...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I think you're right, epoxy would probably be stronger, Just don't cover up the cute little Orange/Green light.:rolleyes:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Avi, how did yours break exactly? I am being very careful with mine since I'm also not from the US. If I break mine, then it'd be a lot of trouble to get a replacement too.
d

Shutter Peep, don't worry about your charger, if anything happens to it , I'll send you one as well......think of me as the guardian angel of all chargers outside the USA!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Avi, my cable is on its way to India...let's hope it makes it there! And if it does, it will be yours.
Gloria

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Android Tablet Forum

TNRonin

Sep 5, 2011
I'm new to the forum, I frequent another forum with people like you Gloria. I'm glad I'm here. Sorry to hear about your Nook color getting taken. I just got mine and I'm pending a root. LOL

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Wellcome to the forum TN ronin.....I hope you mean something good for " people like me"! What does it mean that you are pending a root?

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Android Tablet Forum