Buy now or wait a month...or two?

limulus

Jan 4, 2011
I keep reading about all the new stuff on the horizon and am just confused. I'm not anywhere in the same hemisphere as a techno geek. I have no idea what some of the stuff is some of you post on here. I don't want to have to hack and root and curse and drop kick and beat a tablet with a hammer to have access to things. However, all the new models I read about are >$400. I already have my business laptop but would like a tablet for personal use. But...for the prices I'm seeing estimated for new stuff, I can buy a netbook for a lot less and then what's the point...? I'm drawn to the Archos 70, but of course it has to go through all the voodoo witch doctoring. I'll spend $300 but don't want to do all that crap.

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
You need to decide what you want to do with it, or expect to get out of it. There are hundreds of choices it seems. I wouldn't go with anything running less than 2.1 Minimum of 2.2 if you want Flash to work in the browser.
I bought this one.. http://www.**********/apad-a8-andro...pu-512mb-ddr2-ram-1080p-multitask_p47756.html and the only thing it is missing that I would look for in my next purchase is multi touch, and a camera. It has 2.2, flash, and the true Android market (the ones that dont have the real market have a crappy version, and you will be disappointed in the lack of apps.). I'm not saying this is the best choice for you but just one to look at. Dont get anything running 1.6, you will be disapointed.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ***************