buying a tablet but which one?

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
So I have been lurking and reading a whole lot on these tablets and am wondering if it is the right time to buy?

I have an android phone (cliq) with the 1.6 software and love it. I want to get a tablet with at least 2.1.

Some of the things I am interested in is ebook reading, hdmi output, watching videos via a usb port, browsing the internet (flash supported) and the apps on the marketplace. I am looking to spend under $200 so I assume a 7" tablet will be what I am looking at.

A few questions I have are all the apps on the marketplace available for the tables? I love google maps and other apps. What apps can you not get with a tablet?

Which brand has the best touch screen? And is the most durable?

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
First off if you want flash you want atleast android 2.2 tablet. And yes you can have google apps on some tablets and the market place is the same for tablets but some apps wont work because they are made just for phones. What you should do is look around a site like Euogo.com: Best Deals on Android Tablet,Tablet PC,Smartphones,Apple Accessories,Cool Gadgets & more from Hong Kong China and narrow your selection down and then share with us a few you like and we can help you pick from there. but you have already narrowed it down a little bit you want flash so thats android 2.2 and you want it under 200 dollars.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
There are a few Android tablets out there that are really nice. The problem is that for 200$ you won't get an android 2.2 device...but if you are willing to spend a few more bugs (under 250$) you can get a really nice tablet. you can find a comparison between different android tablets at the link in my signature,

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
thanks for the advice guys and sure I would like to spend under $200 but if that means getting a tablet that won't be able to do what I want it to then I don't mind spending more. I will have to look at the links you both suggested and narrow it down to actual devices

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Sadly the odds for upgrading it are rather low. If you want a tablet with android 2.2 than it is best to either get it from a famous brand (but this costs more) or to get a tablet that already has Android 2.2

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
other than not being able to view flash websites, what else would I miss out on if I got a 2.1 tablet like that RK7?

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
the Herotab MID816 would be my second choice though. Any word on those?

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010

Ralph

Nov 15, 2010
I´m also looking for a tab under 700$, any help.
In the sites you have recomended I see:
8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip, 512M RAM, support Flash Player 10

Is that a choice?

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
I´m also looking for a tab under 700$, any help.
In the sites you have recomended I see:
8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip, 512M RAM, support Flash Player 10

Is that a choice?

that seems to be what I am looking for too. I think that is a good choice. If you have the link to the tablet, please share I would like to see it

kaven

Oct 8, 2010
Android 2.2 is better than 2.1 in many aspects. Most of them are optimisations done to the code and stuff like that. The real interesting thing, and the one that makes Android 2.2 actually a lot better than 2.1, is JIT. JIT makes most application run faster. When Android 2.2 was first released there were some test on the Nexus1.

Really! the android 2.2 is faster and have more features than the 2.1 OS. i just bought an apad 8" with android 2.2 from ecargoonline.com, and the price is $218, i think it's reasonable, here's a link for your reference: Android 2.2 OS 512 RAM with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Processor Tablet PC M8003

ovenwu

Nov 8, 2010
I think you can see this website see more cheap and nice Android OS tablet
Tablet pc&UMPC

kevin

Nov 23, 2010
I recommend you the Galaxy G Tab. it comes with authentic android 2.2, Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip,support flash 10.1
most important, it has real capacitive multitouch screen with resolution 1024x600,built-in SIM slot(3G module),bluetooth.
it can be also used as a call and support SMS. my brother bought one last month and now he need no mobile phone anymore.