Calibration problem: What are the file where the touch calibration points are saved?

santagu

Dec 21, 2010
Good afternoon.

A month ago I have bought the new apad2 from the irobot web site (iRobot Oficial Website - iRobot aPad sitio web Oficial iRobot España) from Spain. The new device (it's not the published in the web) is based on telechip tcc8902 processor and have android 2.1.

Everything worked fine except that the calibration tool did not seem to work and the device was configured for a mail account that was not mine. After trying to delete this mail account on the device, it tells me it is necessary to reset the computer and I did it.

After doing this, the device boots fine but the screen apparently does not work properly. I touch the screen and click in another point. The technical support told me to connect a USB mouse to try to calibrate the screen with the mouse but does not work (the mouse works well, is the calibration that still does not work). Since 4 weeks ago, I have no answer from the technical support.

Can you help me? Anybody can send me the file where the points are saved or tell me where is this file to modify manually? I'm very desperate.

Thanks very much.

Dec 30, 2010
You need to check if someone has a pointercal file for your pad that they can perhaps send you and you can upload to your machine. The calibration if showing the small crosses in all four corners can sometimes be completed by selecting just slightly above or below the bottom crosses and not directly on top of them. This may be because the wrong firmware could have possibly been used on the pad. Try asking around for the pointercal file or see if your manufacturer has another later or slightly older firmware update until a fully working new update is available for you to use.