Can andriod tablet output to VGA monitor

jan_tsui

Jun 25, 2010
Hi,

There is many Android tablet that is made from China, and some of them come with USB host. Is it possible that using some USB external VGA card to output the result to VGA monitor?

Regards,
Jan

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Hi,

There is many Android tablet that is made from China, and some of them come with USB host. Is it possible that using some USB external VGA card to output the result to VGA monitor?

Regards,
Jan

I'm not sure about VGA, but there are some that are doing HDMI (like the Dawa D7).

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
Unless they explicitly say HDMI or VGA port, don't expect it. Hell, even if the port is there, it's no guarantee it's working properly (like the blind 2nd USB port on the aPad). SmartQ V7 has HDMI (which is even functional after some firmware update rounds).

iconiu

Sep 7, 2011
I have an Acer Iconica A500 tablet ($400, dual core, 1GB) and it can output to VGA using the following adapter from HP. $30
HP HDMI to VGA Display Adapter | HP® Official Store

You also need a mini hdmi to standard hdmi adapter and a standard vga cable. Not all devices put out enough power from their hdmi port to power this converter but I can confirm that the Acer Iconica series does. It's likely that other tablets do also but I've heard that phones generally do not.

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
You also need a mini hdmi to standard hdmi adapter and a standard vga cable. Not all devices put out enough power from their hdmi port to power this converter but I can confirm that the Acer Iconica series does. It's likely that other tablets do also but I've heard that phones generally do not.

. . . Sounds like a to-do list item for next-gen tablet designers!! Somebody start calling! :)