Can internal memory be extended ?

genealogy101

Jun 26, 2012
Ok, so a newbie to this, but I would like to ask if my Tablet Memory can be extended onto the internal 'sdcard'

It is set up as follows from purchase: 4GB Total internal; Split as 2gb "phone memory" and 2gb "SDCard" . I have inserted a extra 16gb SdCard.

So, storage settings show: 2gb phone, 2gb SDCard, 14.8gb extsd Card.

My question is : Can the Phone Memory be extened to the whole 4gb and thus just have the 16gb for apps ?

Apps2SD will not move my apps to extsd card - only the internal 2gb sdcard.

So basically my external SDCard is not doing much!!!

Many thanks in advance for any info on this.

BTW ; it is running Android ICS

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Are you talking about a phone phone or a tablet acting as a phone? You can move the data to the ext. card, but if App2SD doesn't work, (it sounds like a tablet), you are very short of options. Generally speaking, without taking the device apart and re engineering it you can't expand the internal memory.

genealogy101

Jun 26, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Are you talking about a phone phone or a tablet acting as a phone? You can move the data to the ext. card, but if App2SD doesn't work, (it sounds like a tablet), you are very short of options. Generally speaking, without taking the device apart and re engineering it you can't expand the internal memory.

Thank you for your response. It is a Tablet (Arnova 7 G3 4gb) with storage as shown in my original post.

Not brave enough to take it apart etc, and I dont think it would be worth doing that on this tablet. Looks like I will just have to stick at what I have :-/

Thanks again for your reply / info.