can someone tell me how to send text's from Google voice on the nook ?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
I dont' expect this is hard but have no idea how to do it ??

really don't NEED to do it as I have a Droid but would like the knowledge anyway

Thx

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
you need to associate Google Voice with an actual phone number, and then you can send it by accessing it and picking it from the menu.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
If you search how to add phone capabilities to your tablet it has a link to an older version of google voice that lets you sync it with a google talk account. That is another way you could go but the first suggestion should work

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Ok I am answering this myself.. FOUND that Google Voice app and Man.. it works FINE... even populates the phone numbers from my Gmail account.. and works just as well as my regular Text message does... NOW this is just tooooo tooooo much FUN !!!!

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Ok now this is way too cool.. now not only can I get live TV on my ereader I can get and SEND text messages for FREE... what the heck else is this little Nook going to do for me.????? :)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I don't know about the 'live' part, but I know you can access your DVR through Dish if you have everything set up properly and have the correct equipment. I, unfortunately don't have the correct equipment! LOL

Who knows, maybe I missed something really cool too...hopefully we will get a response soon.

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Ok guys... I am using Sling to get the live feed.. I got a sling adapter for my Dish network and works like a charm.. Understand the sling box works just the same.. I got it for my Droid and then for a lark tried it on the Nook and to my amazement it works Extremely well.. I thought it would require flash to make it function but no it works with the free Dish app ... so now I can get LIVE tv on both my Droid and my Nook.... that is it... hope that explains it.

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Sling has been around for a number of years and those of us that did a lot of traveling .. it was the only way to keep up to date on home info and catch your home teams play when out of the country or your area of the states....All you need is a internet connection and you can watch your own TV at home including your recorded stuff.

you have to have a sling box sold by slingbox or sling adapter sold by Dish network. after connecting per their instructions. to your TV/wifi
. download free app from the market called Dish Remote access for the dish adapter or Sling player mobile if using the slingbox.. once you hav it downloaded.. just open it and it connects with your slingbox or sling adapter... ... The adapter cost me $99 and the slingbox is about the same... at Best buy or amazon.. I originally got this for my phone so it is just an added bonus that I can use the same thing on the Nook..

Does that help ????? If not just ask me the question and I will try to help...

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
installed the older version of google voice (0.3.2) - now sms texting works - google voice downloaded from the market did not work for me

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I'm glad the older one works for you

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

sprung

Dec 20, 2010
Google voice downloaded from the market works on my daughter's nook. She can send and receive texts. Is there a way to get the contacts to show up? When she tries to compose, it seems the only option is to manually type in the number. I can't find a way to access an address book from within google voice. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
This works for me... I made sure my addresses in my Gmail account were up to date with both phone and email addresses.. then did this procedure:
If you aren't concerned with them showing up in the B&N Contacts app, and are more interested in having them come up as auto-suggestions when typing an email address or Google Voice text number, there's a way (credit to jadambpharm):

- Go to gmail on the web, click on contacts (left side), then More Actions, then Export. Choose .vcard format. Transfer that file to your SD card.

- get a Market app on your Nook called Import Contacts. Point it to the contacts.vcard file you just got, and they'll now come up for auto-fill suggestions!