Can you guys advise if this is the right tablet for me?

enduser2941

Jul 7, 2012
Hey all, Is begging for help with this one out of bounds? :) I could really use some advise from you guys! :)

I am looking to purchase a new tablet, how ever I have a very tight budget. I can only spend about $300. I am looking to replace my netbook. Basically I need to be able to surf the web, use office type apps, facebook, youtube, MP3's, Droid games, chat apps, pretty much be able to do what ever I can do on my Samsung Galaxy Note (doesn't have to support S-Pen apps), WIFI. It does not need to have an internal modem.

Pretty much most Social apps, web apps, games, and music.

I have been looking at the following Cube tablet but I do not know if this is the best tablet I can get for the money. This Tab costs about $258.00. I don't know if this matter but this tab is from China and it seems that there is alot of question about tabs from China but I do not know why.

I would just like to reiterate that I can only spent upto $300, no more. If you guys feel that I can get a better tablet for the money by all means please paste in the links to the tablets. I am ready to buy today. I really need to get one soon. It's just that since I am limited to only $300, I know that I will have to pass up some features that I need however there are a few features that I just can not do with out and those are pretty much listed below. I hope that you guys can advise me. I do not know how I can repay anyone for the advise but I promise that I will offer anything that I can to help others here with in this forum as a pay back :) I truly believe in the pay it forward idea.

Can't live with out features:

Screen size atleast 9in+
ICS4.0 and upgradeable
Dual Core + (meaning dual, triple; highest possible)
Gyroscope + Accelerometer (Mainly the Gyro)
Basically the Tablet below indicates the least feature for the money
I surely would like the best I can get (who wouldn't?_ :) )

I would also like it to be made by a company who stands behind their product and will allow for OS upgrades as they come available. I do not know anything about how this works on a tablet meaning I know that when you buy a PC, the manufacturer will usually constantly post patches and newer releases of drivers and OS apps. I do not know if the same can be had for tablets. Also does the fact that the tablet below is from China mean anything? It seems to me that there are some questions about tabs from China but I do not know why so I would like some insight here.

The tablet I am looking at can be found here:

Cube U30GT Dual Core RK3066 Android 4.0 Tablet PC 10.1 inch Cube U30GT Peas 16GB

Pros and what I am definitely looking for:
Gyroscope
10.1in IPS Capacitive screen
Dual Core Coretex-A9 1.6GHz (Can I do better for the same price?)
ICS4.0

Cons:
No Accelerometer
No GPS

Cube U30GT Peas Dual Core Tablet PC Specification:

Model: Cube U30GT
Operating System: Android 4.0

CPU: RK3066, Cortex-A9 Dual Core processor 1.6 GHz
GPU: 4 Core Mali 400. Support OpenGLES2.0/1.1, OpenVG1.1
RAM / Technology: DDR3
RAM Installed Size: 1GB RAM
Hard Drive Type: NAND FAST FLASH
Hard Drive Capacity: 16GB
PCMCIA Expansion: Micro SD Card / T-FLASH(Support 32G MAX)

Display Technology: IPS Screen
Screen Size: 10.1 inch
Max Resolution: 1280x800
Camera: Dual camera, Front is 2.0 and Back is 2.0 Megapixels

G-Sensor: Four way
Software: Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Language: Multi-language support

Communications
Wireless Connection: WIFI
3G: Supporting external 3G modem
Support Bluetooth
Support Format
Video: AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG
Audio: FLAC/APE/WAV
Ebook: WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML
Picture: JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF
HDMI: Built-in HDMI Out Port.
GPS: NO GPS
Bluetooth: yes
Extend Port
1 x TF card port
1 x 3.5mm earphone
2 x MINI USB port
1 x MINI HDMI port
Battery 3600mAh x 2 = 7200mAh260.6×170.6mm×9.6mm; The thinnest is 4 mm
Cube U30GT Peas Dual Core Tablet PC Package including

1 x Cube U30GT Peas Dual Core Tablet PC
1 x USB Cable
1 x Manual
1 x Charger

I really appreciate any advise you guys can pass along! Lime I said above I am ready to purchase my new tablet today so I hope to get some great advise here, I am really looking forward to reading your replies ASAP!!

Thanks so much!

Enduser2941

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If it were me I would wait for Ployer to come out with their Dual core, Ployer makes a great tablet. Most likely you will be buying a china made tabet, I only buy china made tablets, mainly for the reasons you posted, Most bang for your buck, That would be Ployer they lead everyone company in updates, They most likely will be the first to have jelly bean, next to the nexus which will be released with jelly bean. I only like allwinner tablets.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/ployer-momo-tablets/41818-ployer-dual-core-tablets-coming.html

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
Get a name brand like fire2 or nex7. Don't buy this other junk where might not have play store etc. I've been there done it. you are better off with 7 inch name brand then 10 Chinese. Just look at hundreds of posts on this forum with people trying to get simplest things like calendar contact play store working. It isn't worth it.

enduser2941

Jul 7, 2012
Ahhh you know thats something I never thought about and just assumed it was there, Play store that is. I thought that was a given to be there on all Android OS tablets being that they are, well, all Android Tablets, and Android = Google and Google = Play Store. Guess I was wrong on that assumption. Guess it's a good thing I ask :)

Personally I would like to stay as close to the 10in or larger, because I have a hard time seeing the smaller tab's do to the inherently smaller text / screen size.

Thanks so far guys, I am glad I found this site today!

enduser2941

Jul 7, 2012
I only like allwinner tablets.

I recently purchased and allwinner tablet, and I have to be honest, I am returning it as I was not at all pleased with it's responsiveness, nor some of the ways in which is acted with regards to the understanding of it's positioning. In many instances it would not change the view when you would turn the tablet from the side back to up and down. For the most part everything else was ok, but for the money I definitely could have done better. Unfortunately that was my first attempt at purchasing a tablet completely blind and not having any experiences with them prior. Allwinner may make some good tablets, but the fact that I could not find a manufacturer's website that could give me some tech specs, apps updates, or any other issues surrounding the tablet, I felt rather cut off from any available support should the need had arisen.

Do to those issues, that is why on Monday I will be returning it.

Thanks!!

enduser2941

Jul 7, 2012
Let me try asking my questions this way, if you were going to purchase a new tablet with in the next 2-4 weeks and you only had $325 to throw at it, what tablets would you be looking at. Please post any links if you can to your particular choice and advise why you are picking that one. I would like to make sure that it is at least 10in plus Capacitive Screen, ICS4.0, WIFI, Gyro, Multi Core, Possibly GPS, and lastly must have Google Play Store and preferably a website to support the device. :)

I am interested to see what you would link here!

Thanks again guys! You guys have already helped me learn somethings that I would have (and did) completely overlook(ed) originally!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I recently purchased and allwinner tablet, and I have to be honest, I am returning it as I was not at all pleased with it's responsiveness, nor some of the ways in which is acted with regards to the understanding of it's positioning. In many instances it would not change the view when you would turn the tablet from the side back to up and down. For the most part everything else was ok, but for the money I definitely could have done better. Unfortunately that was my first attempt at purchasing a tablet completely blind and not having any experiences with them prior. Allwinner may make some good tablets, but the fact that I could not find a manufacturer's website that could give me some tech specs, apps updates, or any other issues surrounding the tablet, I felt rather cut off from any available support should the need had arisen.

Do to those issues, that is why on Monday I will be returning it.

Thanks!!

Interesting, what was the brand of the tablet? where did you get it from?

I buy from Ployer and Coby.

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
Read this review on nex7. Even if you for some reason end up not liking it or only keeping for say 1 year you could easily sell it for 125 or more. It will not loose it's value like a chinese tablet.

Worried about no sd card?. Think about the cloud storage you can get with google drive or amazon or dropbox. They are all great. I actually use and highly recommend your own home NAS. I am using a 1.5GB iomega nas that was 150. Plugs into my router and I stream HD movie to my tab, TV, laptops, etc. I can use file exlporer in my tab and access any files directly on it. It's awesome!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/07/05/nexus-7-review-the-android-tablet-rebooted/

enduser2941

Jul 7, 2012
Interesting, what was the brand of the tablet? where did you get it from?Reply With Quote

I buy from Ployer and Coby.

Are you referring to the brand of the allwinner tablet? If so, then that's part of my problem as to why I stated that I have no idea who the manufacturer is. There is nothing on the box stating who made it nor in the manual or anywhere within the OS's Info. There literally is nothing. All it says on the box is a very generic "Tablet PC" lol Nothing else! I purchased it from nomorerack.com here is the link to their Droid tablets section (nomorerack.com) . They have a bunch of tablets, hipstreet, Ainol, Gemei, Ramos, Ondi, and a few others I have never heard of...

What do you guys think of RAMOS W17 ? It's selling for 133 at mcbub. The specs look impressive.

Honestly, I would have no idea, I am honestly very much behind the Eight Ball when it comes to Tablets. I am moderately familiar with Androids, and even less so with tablets. :(

Read this review on nex7. Even if you for some reason end up not liking it or only keeping for say 1 year you could easily sell it for 125 or more. It will not loose it's value like a chinese tablet.

Worried about no sd card?. Think about the cloud storage you can get with google drive or amazon or dropbox. They are all great. I actually use and highly recommend your own home NAS. I am using a 1.5GB iomega nas that was 150. Plugs into my router and I stream HD movie to my tab, TV, laptops, etc. I can use file exlporer in my tab and access any files directly on it. It's awesome!

Nexus 7 Review: The Android Tablet, Rebooted

I will definitely read up on that suggestion. May I ask why the China devices would depreciate much faster then those that are on the domestic market?

The only problem I see with not having the SD Card would be in case I travel or am away from home and don't have access to WIFI as I haven't the money to pay for a data plan if it had in internal or external 3/4G connection. The NAS idea is a great one, but would only be beneficial for me as long as I stayed home and connected to my home WIFI and the cloud while it would be more beneficial if I was away from my house, but again this would not be viable for me again unless I have access to the internet out side of my home WIFI as I can not afford the data plan. I do however currently use both Dropbox as well as the Google Cloud.

Definitely some great advise. Please all let's keep this thread growing! You guys are really helping me learn alot more about tablets! Great information and I am sucking it all in like a dry sponge!

Excellent Thank you so much and by all means keep this thread going as I am sure that there are others out there that may find this information as illuminating as I.