can you use mouse on android?

mattworrall

Nov 22, 2010
hi, i have an eken m001 with a broken touch screen... i have tried making my own make shift apple/usb convertor by soldering to female usbs together one end connects to the apple style lead that goes into the android tablet and the other end connected a usb optical mouse... that didnt work not sure if it is because of my make shift usb lead or whether it just wont work? also tried soldering straight on to the usb port on the board of the android on the back of the wifi card, this also didnt work but i do know that the wifi is turned off on the device so would that make a diff? i cant set it to on cos i cant touch the settings... has n e one else had a mouse working on a eken m001? helppppp :)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are mice that do work with some, but not all tablets. The key element is what type of mouse. The standard USB Mouse that is recognized as a HID device will generally work. BUT, if your tablet did not have the HID drivers included in the build, then you are potentially out of luck.
If your EKen came with the Mini-USB Male to Female USB adapter, it should be a straight plug-in. Your makeshift connector indicates it may be missing the driver. One way to check is to plug in a USB memory stick. If the USB memory stick works with the UDisk driver installed, then it is an indicator you may not have a compatible mouse or missing the HID drivers. The HID drivers are usually installed.

mattworrall

Nov 22, 2010
cheers for replying... ive seen tablets use mice on youtube, but not on the eken m001... maybe i dont have the drivers like you say... dont spose u no where id get them from? and how id get them on the device without bein able to touch? lol

scann

May 29, 2011
Im using a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard on my dell streak 7. Just pair it using the Bluetooth device setup. If u need instructions let me know? I'm using apple magic mouse and verbatim folding keyboard. Works great without having to download any apps to make it work.

sapphiredove

Nov 2, 2011
Hello there,
I just bought a galaxy tablet 10.1 and also wanted a mouse and keyboard. Went to vzn and bought the samsung keyboard dock and the microsoft blue tooth mouse 5000 from office depot. Went home, opened the settings tab/turned bluetooth to on and paired the devices by entering the '0000' when asked for a pin. They showed connected. Then turned off computer and restarted. Wiggled mouse a few times and the blue mouse arrow showed up. Magic. Perhaps one needs the samsung keyboard to work with a bluetooth mouse. There is a blue light that goess on and off during use of the keyboard/mouse. Love the tablet though.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hello there,
I just bought a galaxy tablet 10.1 and also wanted a mouse and keyboard. Went to vzn and bought the samsung keyboard dock and the microsoft blue tooth mouse 5000 from office depot. Went home, opened the settings tab/turned bluetooth to on and paired the devices by entering the '0000' when asked for a pin. They showed connected. Then turned off computer and restarted. Wiggled mouse a few times and the blue mouse arrow showed up. Magic. Perhaps one needs the samsung keyboard to work with a bluetooth mouse. There is a blue light that goess on and off during use of the keyboard/mouse. Love the tablet though.

Yeah why not. And it depends on your tablet. Some tabs don't have the full size USB. If your's does, you could plug in a mouse or keyboard. Icebike has a 4 port USB adapter plugged in. You don't have to rely on wireless Bluetooth.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I tested both the Xoom and Galaxy with the logitech BTW keyboard and MS BT5000 mouse, both worked great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Rubyred235

Jan 1, 2012
i am trying to turn my tablet into a computer by settinngb up a keyboard and stuff. but, i want to know if i can also use a mouse? do you know of any mouses that will work?

j0235

Feb 16, 2012
The Acer Iconia 500 has a usb port, and I plugged my wireless mouse receiver into it, and voila..... Had a cursor, and a working mouse

COOL..........

Punk

Jul 7, 2013
I have some sort of Android device (small computer) that I use for watching on TV. I plugged a Weksi wifi USB mouse in it and it worked for 2 weeks after which it didn't recognize it because there was suddenly no cursor on screen anymore. Then I plugged in Genius wifi usb mouse and that worked for like a month and then all of a sudden cursor disappeared. I tried changing the batteries in mouses, resetting Android to factory settings but still no cursor on screen. Anyone know what's the problem? MAybe some settings in android? Or is there some app that could fix it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Normally your tablet would see the WiFi adapter without changing any settings. My thought is that an app got installed that interfered with it. When you did the factory reset, if you told it to sync with Google when setting it back up, whatever was there that messed with it probably came back. Try the factory reset again and don't tell it to sync with Google. Selectively reinstall the apps and keep testing.

If your tablet has bluetooth that would be another option.