Cannot create account on A550 tablet

jwmullins

Oct 19, 2013
I hope this is the right place. I have reset an Acer A500 tablet that was given to me and have been able to get android 4.0.3on it. But it won't recognize my google account. Everything I have been able to find on internet is old news and doesn't seem to work. Is there anyone that can help me here or let me know where I need to go? Thank you.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Google will block logins on old versions of Android and has been doing so since 2021. While there has been no updates on any of the news articles regarding this topic, research on the topic points to Google extending the login block to anything below Android 4.4.

So, unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about this. You'll have to forego using your Google account on this tablet if you intend on using it. Something which I don't recommend as a) most apps today no longer support such old versions of Android, meaning you would have to track down the last copy of the app that did, and b) the tablet itself is far too slow to be usable in today's environment.