Can't access Google.com from ZT 180

bpurn1

Dec 9, 2011
I am using ES File Explorer to open the file and the ES note editor to edit the file. I did not make the system partition r/w unless it does it automatically. I'm note sure hoe to make it r/w or how I can check if it is.

In ES File Explorer I found out how to check if file is r/w (I think). Under hosts properties the permission is RWX RWX RWX. I looked at the change page and all the boxes are checked for read, write, and execute. Each category has three boxes checked- user, group, & other. I cannot find out what I need to do next. I again tried to delete all the lines but the first one but I received the message Error file cannot be saved. I tried a couple of times but it was always the same. Any suggestions?

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
In ES File Explorer I found out how to check if file is r/w (I think). Under hosts properties the permission is RWX RWX RWX. I looked at the change page and all the boxes are checked for read, write, and execute. Each category has three boxes checked- user, group, & other. I cannot find out what I need to do next. I again tried to delete all the lines but the first one but I received the message Error file cannot be saved. I tried a couple of times but it was always the same. Any suggestions?
I think there should be, in the ES File Explorers Root Options menu in it's settings area, an option for you to check to change/mount the system partition to rewriteable.... A file can be rewriteable, but if the partition it's in is set to read only, you can't save any changes to it....

bpurn1

Dec 9, 2011
I think there should be, in the ES File Explorers Root Options menu in it's settings area, an option for you to check to change/mount the system partition to rewriteable.... A file can be rewriteable, but if the partition it's in is set to read only, you can't save any changes to it....
I really appreciate your patience with me. I cannot find the Root Options menu in ES File Explorer. There is nothing in the settings that shows anything about Root Options. Do you know if I am missing something? I searched on the internet but found nothing to help me. Appreciate you help.

bpurn1

Dec 9, 2011
I really appreciate your patience with me. I cannot find the Root Options menu in ES File Explorer. There is nothing in the settings that shows anything about Root Options. Do you know if I am missing something? I searched on the internet but found nothing to help me. Appreciate you help.
I found it. (don't ask me how). I will proceed and let you know the outcome. Thanks.

bpurn1

Dec 9, 2011
I found it. (don't ask me how). I will proceed and let you know the outcome. Thanks.
IT WORKS.:) Thank you for your time, patience, and assistance. I know there is no way I could have done this without your help. Thank you very very much. I guess an old dog can learn some new tricks.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
IT WORKS.:) Thank you for your time, patience, and assistance. I know there is no way I could have done this without your help. Thank you very very much. I guess an old dog can learn some new tricks.
Congrats!
clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley.gif

bigmelfrmely

Jul 12, 2013
ok got all the apps you reffrenced downloaded but still cant find root thing.. do you know whats under found root management but then it says error wont let me in menu

Last edited: