Can't Add A Home Screen

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I used to add a screen in the usual way: you drag an icon or widget to the side, and the screen shifts, or you get a new one, when you are at the end.

But now, you don't get that. If I drag a shortcut to the side, it just "bounces off" and goes about to the middle of the screen. The Google help forum says in Android 6 you use the "home screen editing tool." which there isn't.

Did Google disable the stuff, or is it hidden in the settings somewhere??

The system says it's version 6.0.21, patch level: August 5, 2016...

thX

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Sorry, I should elaborate alittle.
if I drag a shortcut or widget to the LEFT edge, it bounces back when your finger gets to edge of the sensitive area. If I drag something to the RIGHT side, nothing happens

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I think that the answer is that the Nexus 7 2013 only has 5 screens, unless you use a new launcher.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Is it a stock ROM? If so, it should have Google Now Launcher, and unless Google were total idiots with the tablet implementation, you should be able to add an unlimited number of home pages to the launcher. I personally don't like Google Now Launcher, as its "swipe right for Google Now" function offends my sense of symmetry. So I use Nova.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
My last tablet had a launcher, and it crashed a lot, plus the tablet crashed a lot too; It was basically a streched-out phone with a customized Android. It even has a SIM slot, but it wasn't a phone. So this time I know I have only the 5 screens, and I can use it efficiently. I just don't like having the ends taken up by the Google Now and Voice launcher icons.

Too bad there isn't a newer, better 7-inch tablet with real Android and an SD slot, even if you can't root it.