Cant connect to the market place. Need some assistance.

DeathBoT

Nov 30, 2010
Ok...so heres the deal i can't connect to the Android Market....at all. I have tried EVERY firmware on here and on other sites.

When open it and sign in it says "connecting to Google servers this may take up to 5 minutes" the it says "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues call customer care"

If anyone knows of a fix it would be greatly appreciated.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
If you review this is more than a common problem. It is basic. NO FW update will work. You must take the long hard task and install the Android SDK and create the needed files. and apply them. Research. This is not a FW issue, it is because the device did not meet Google's core requirements for compatibility. And then when Market is installed on low price tablets it was done generally with the Chinese manufacturer not paying the license. Thus you are stuck to Market alternatives unless you slide market in with a side install.
I am not going to tell you how. You will learn more by researching and discovery. But that is the kind of person I am. I will tell you the answer is out there, and provide guidance. BUT YOU have to do it yourself.

Dec 13, 2010
Ran though this tutorial once and was able to sign into my google account. ran it again to gain full market.

Edit: this was on my brand new a81g.... but the comment s to the video exclaim this works on other tablets

Last edited by a moderator:

Jcol

Dec 8, 2010
If you review this is more than a common problem. It is basic. NO FW update will work. You must take the long hard task and install the Android SDK and create the needed files. and apply them. Research. This is not a FW issue, it is because the device did not meet Google's core requirements for compatibility. And then when Market is installed on low price tablets it was done generally with the Chinese manufacturer not paying the license. Thus you are stuck to Market alternatives unless you slide market in with a side install.
I am not going to tell you how. You will learn more by researching and discovery. But that is the kind of person I am. I will tell you the answer is out there, and provide guidance. BUT YOU have to do it yourself.

Actually Market works fine if you use the OpenPlatform V3 with Market included flash. No additional work is required other then loading in your Google account username and password and setting the time on the device.

HiwoteAkalu

Mar 31, 2012
gurgle, could you please tell me how to fix this problem? I am going through the same difficulty and trust me I have spent too much time doing the research and trying to discover the solution, but I can't seem to figure it out. PLEASE help. How can I fix this???