Can't keep the 7015 in sleep mode..^&#(!@*#

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I know, old issue but it still continues and seems to have gotten worse with adding the rooted MARKET. About every 1-2 minutes it wakes up. Defeated mobile wireless etc as suggested in another thread.
I've tried killing any applications that might be waking it up but it continues to do so.
This is sucking the life out of the battery.
What are others experiencing?
We need a fix.

Thanks

Use SoftLocker found in the Market.

Last edited:

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I think I found the problem.
Yahoo mail app V1.3 was waking the tablet up. Removed it, problem gone as far as waking up every minute or so.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I think I found the problem.
Yahoo mail app V1.3 was waking the tablet up. Removed it, problem gone as far as waking up every minute or so.

I removed this from mine but haven't seen a difference. It still wakes up. No clue why, but I would be extremely happy if I could make it stop. If I could stabilize that undocumented feature, I would be very happy with this unit for the next few months until the market catches up and get a real tablet. Except for this issue, I can't complain much about the unit. Love the screen sensitivity for resistive.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Well...... it did help for awhile and today I noticed that the tablet is doing the wake up every minute or so again. Sometime it does this wake every minute for 5-10 minutes at a time and then stops waking up. So it is very difficult to pin down.
I have an updated, rooted and Market aware tablet and I'm wondering if these changes have caused this problem.
Anyone with an un-rooted non Market tablet experiencing this waking every minute.
I believe this phenomena was reported early on when the 7015 was being released.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Make sure you don't have anything that pushes notifications or is regularly updating like a weather program. I believe those things will cause the tablet to wake up every so often.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
ya that's what I'm doing now... killing everything in sight. Since no one else is reporting wake up every 15 seconds or so, I suspect that it's some app that's pushing data.
Killing the Wi-Fi didn't help but I suspect if it's an app doing this it wouldn't matter that Wi-Fi is disabled.
This seems to have occurred after joining the rooted market as there are some apps that have been installed in the "drawer" but I can't find a way to remove them. AppsKiller doesn't even see them.

Very frustrating... thanks for the help.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I see you removed the phone and telephony apps. Did you rename them using terminal?
No reason to keep these since these are not phones.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Yep, that's exactly what I did. I changed .apk to .bak. Worked like a charm.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I don't have mine yet but want to ask you do you have a task killer? when i had the Black PDN i installed advance TK and set to kill when screen was off but it always woke up. when i took that setting off it stopped. Maybe that is your culprit.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I noticed this recently. The screen comes back on as though it got a request to wake up. I notice it several times an hour but am not really watching for it. I never noticed this before installing Market and getting more apps loaded. I used my MID7015 for three or four weeks before caving and installing recovery.img and Market. I cannot say it's in Market because I quickly starting downloading, trying, deleting apps.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
Well...... it did help for awhile and today I noticed that the tablet is doing the wake up every minute or so again. Sometime it does this wake every minute for 5-10 minutes at a time and then stops waking up. So it is very difficult to pin down.
I have an updated, rooted and Market aware tablet and I'm wondering if these changes have caused this problem.
Anyone with an un-rooted non Market tablet experiencing this waking every minute.
I believe this phenomena was reported early on when the 7015 was being released.

Interesting...I started stripping things last night and I'm in the same spot..seems to be every few minutes now where it was every minute or so before.

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
To: Troyy0206

What's running in services?

Better yet, is there a place to edit what services run at bootup.

I noticed a mail service running, after ending the service mail still works perfectly, what does the service do.

My tablet seems to wake up for a few seconds on the hour.

Clancy

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You can download autostarts from the market to control what starts at certain events. It's a great program.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Well some progress.... I checked Settings/applications/Running Services and found two rooted Market apps. Stopping those fixed most of the problems.
I guess rooting and then joining the Market has added extra apps that are phone based apps and these may be causing problems. There are voice apps and talk apps that have no purpose on this tablet since there is no microphone.
I need to figure out how to kill everything that is phone based and not really required for the tablet.
I killed the Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk and the home screen now has No Service so I Know these apps are now dead. I'll try the Autostarts app and see what can be killed.
One thing to keep in mind, any app downloaded may or may not work as the app was probably made for a specific range of products. My advise would be to load an app and then wait to see what happens for a day before downloading another.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
IIRC (i don't have mine in front of me), it does have a mic on the bottom...