Can't see SD cards through USB on Win7 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huawei7

Nov 12, 2010
Picked up a Huawei S7-105 at Best Buy last night. Looking for an eReader and found out these can do a LOT more then just display books! Installed Nook & Border apps but also like to get epub books from local library. Which leads to my question: Went out and down loaded the USB driver from Huawei web site and installed it on a Win7 netbook but when I plug the USB cable in I can't see the SD cards in 'My Computer'. I can see the Huawei in 'Devices and Printers', I can right click on it and select 'properties' and see the 2 SD cards but can't select or access them. How do I transfer files to the tablet? Could some one advice me on what I'm missing? Thanks:)

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Picked up a Huawei S7-105 at Best Buy last night. Looking for an eReader and found out these can do a LOT more then just display books! Installed Nook & Border apps but also like to get epub books from local library. Which leads to my question: Went out and down loaded the USB driver from Huawei web site and installed it on a Win7 netbook but when I plug the USB cable in I can't see the SD cards in 'My Computer'. I can see the Huawei in 'Devices and Printers', I can right click on it and select 'properties' and see the 2 SD cards but can't select or access them. How do I transfer files to the tablet? Could some one advice me on what I'm missing? Thanks:)

Hey try this, go to Settings -> SD Card & tablet storage -> Unmount internal SD Card. That's it when you try to unmount it, it will no longer be used by S7 (temporarily) until you mount it again. Thus you can now use it in windows 7. It will be detected as a normal drive. And don't forget to mount it again after you are done copying files from your pc. Hope that helps.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
When you plug in the usb to the tablet you should get a popup asking if you want to mount aw USB. You need to answer that yes.

Huawei7

Nov 12, 2010
I tried installing drivers again but now I get "Ideos Tablet ADB Interface Driver is not intended for this platform." Error. This is on a Win7 32bit box. Tried manual install mapping to the ...\usbdriver\Win7 folder but still get the same error. Tried installing to another computer but same error.

Huawei7

Nov 12, 2010
When you plug in the usb to the tablet you should get a popup asking if you want to mount aw USB. You need to answer that yes.

Pbrauer, I never get the pop up to answer. Get the sound that something has been plugged in but no pop up.

Huawei7

Nov 12, 2010
Hey try this, go to Settings -> SD Card & tablet storage -> Unmount internal SD Card. That's it when you try to unmount it, it will no longer be used by S7 (temporarily) until you mount it again. Thus you can now use it in windows 7. It will be detected as a normal drive. And don't forget to mount it again after you are done copying files from your pc. Hope that helps.

Zenkibuta, tried that but no luck. Even popped the card out without un-mounting it still no difference. Thouht that would 'tick-off' the computer or the S7 but.... No difference...

Huawei7

Nov 12, 2010
THANKS TO ALL for pointing me in the right direction! The Huawei S7 has an icon in the upper right corner for "information" AFTER you connect it to your computer press this icon and you will see another screen. On the left side you will see a 'Notifications' section and in this section you will see 'USB connected' with [SD card] for external and [Internal SD card]. Tap the 'USB connected [SD card]...' and you will see the 'Mount' (with a warning) that zenkibuta was talking about. Press 'Mount' and you will get the pop-up that pbrauer was talking about and your computer will see the external SD card :) When done, press the "information" icon (upper right on screen) and press 'Turn off SD card' then next screen press 'Turn Off' before disconnecting your cable.

Next challenge is how do you get Adobe Digital to recognize the Huawei S7 as an eBook reader? Thanks again to all:)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I will be closing older threads in order to try and keep things easier to follow. If you feel a thread should not have been closed, please let me know and I will look at reopening it.

Cheers,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.