Case Turns My Android Tablet Into A Netbook

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I bought this case at Pandawill.com for my 7" tablet. The main selling point is that it has a mini keyboard built into the (artificial) leather case, which effectively turns my tablet into a netbook/UMPC. The best part is that, by having ACTUAL keys, now the emulator games I have on it are actually playable! An added bonus is that it's a bit wider than my tablet, which is one of the Haipad ones where the SD card sticks out, so now can leave it inserted without having to worry about it getting broken off. Unlike the ones pictured on the Pandawill site mine has a mini-USB plug, not a full-size one (yay!). I did have to take a pliers and bend the top tab so it would catch the edge of my tablet (this case was apparently designed for a slightly larger tablet than mine), but now it's VERY secure.

Here's a pic of the tablet in the new case with keyboard, next to the case that came with my tablet.

DSCF4781.JPG

SPECIFICATIONS:
Covers: 5.5" x 9"
Thickness (closed): 1.5"
Maximum Tablet Size: 4.75" x 9" x .5"
Closure: "Leather" Tab (magnetic catch)
Material: Textured "artificial leather" (vinyl) inside and out
Tablet Holders: Vinyl covered Metal Tabs
Extras: USB Keyboard + Stylus, case has a "kickstand" on the back
Price: ~$25 USD

(They also sell it in white, and there is another version for 10" tablets).

Last edited:

Houston

Oct 2, 2010
Cool! Thanks for posting that, I'll probably get one.
The same item is available from Amazon UK, but at GBP 24,99 + 4,50 shipping it's not a very good deal.

Does having a USB keyboard connected all the time affect the battery's performance at all? It would probably drain mine in no time.

maddog69

Nov 22, 2010
I have ordered one from euogo for about £15. not recieved it yet but i guess it will be the same they stock in 7 & 10 inch size.

Houston

Oct 2, 2010
Wait a sec, on euogo it says it's got a built-in lithium battery. So it's not going to drain the tablet's battery, and it really is only about 15 USD. That's a deal, then.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
That is a nice one indeed.
I would rather have a good game controller for emulators but this whole thing seems really useful for general purposes.

laterzxx

Jan 3, 2011
Having trouble getting the same keyboard to work on mine do i need to do anything extra to start using it?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@laterzxx - you confirmed your tablet can use other USB keyboards? Not all tablets have USB hosting capabilities. It's just a generic keyboard so if your tablet can use other keyboards it should be able to use this one without anything extra.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Wait a sec, on euogo it says it's got a built-in lithium battery. So it's not going to drain the tablet's battery, and it really is only about 15 USD. That's a deal, then.

Well, yes and no. If the battery is fully charged it won't, or if the tablet is on AC power it won't. But if the keyboard needs power and the tablet is on battery the keyboard will charge from the tablet battery. Of course, when you're not using it you could also (with an adapter) plug the keyboard into your desktop system to keep it charged up.

laterzxx

Jan 3, 2011
I brought the tablet and case from the same store both produced by ELONEX. So am I right in saying that nothing else is needed to connect these together? Many thanks for your help