[TIP] Fix your MAC address across firmware installs

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It was tested with my CFW (GingerLF) but it should work with any CFW for Kyros 7024/8024/1024, like steev's AllDro2 CFW.

1. On your tablet, copy the file /system/wifi/softmac to /sdcard (internal microSD user space) or /extsd (external microSD) using a file manager or adb.
2. Rename it to mac.txt
3. Place mac.txt on the same microSD you use to install the new firmware in the root directory ("/"), the same place where you may see u-boot.bin or utscript

If you have adb, you can do use this command to get mac.txt file on your computer:
Code:
adb pull /system/wifi/softmac mac.txt

This will preserve your MAC address of your WiFi interface when installing a new firmware.

Last edited:

williamsrule

Jan 8, 2012
hey maybe you can help me short story is that i put my android tablet down after getting some games on there from he market(slide/sam4.0) and now it tells me android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly and when i try to force close it, it keeps popping up and ive tried turning it off and that doesnt work and it doesnt have a re-set button

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It's not the subject of this thread. Try a factory reset or "internal SD unit", look for more info in the appropriate thread or forum related to your tablet brand and model.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
what type of tablet do you have? the Kyros all have a reset but you can hold the power button down for 20 seconds and it will shut off.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
hey maybe you can help me short story is that i put my android tablet down after getting some games on there from he market(slide/sam4.0) and now it tells me android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly and when i try to force close it, it keeps popping up and ive tried turning it off and that doesnt work and it doesnt have a re-set button
Launcher is corrupted or missing

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Lfom, thank you for this tip. Updated to Alldro2 v.1.2 and MAC setup as before. Thanks..

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: