[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi Guys,
Noob here, how do I install this rom on MPMan MP1027?
Thanks.

Are you sure it uses 1024n board? If it doesn't then you cannot use it, there is a thread linked in the opening post that explains how to find out what board one has.

Sioca

Jan 8, 2012
Hi Guys,
Noob here, how do I install this rom on MPMan MP1027?
Thanks.

I have an MPMan MP1027 with this firmware.

But don't forget, you can't reinstall MPMan firmware because there is no available download on MPMan website.

batoots

Sep 21, 2011
Hi everyone.

I'm a newbie with android and finding this thread was a life saver!

Thanks to the people behind this AWESOME CFW!!!

The original 2.2 rom of my 1024 crashed (really don't know what happened, my niece was playing with it)...and searching for custom roms lead me to the Gingerbread LF V1.5 and loving it!

Installed a few apps to test and had my tablet running on this CFW for about a week now. I noticed that for the apps moved to the sd, every time I add a shortcut to the screens/pages (i'm really not sure what to call it) the icon appears there but every time i reboot my tablet, it seems to be unmounted. Though it remains installed because it is still in the main app drawer or app screen. Is it really supposed to be like that? Because in the original 2.2 rom, I did not encounter this, i was using zeam launcher and App2SD then. So for now, I have all my apps installed on the main memory which prevents it from happening.

Also, I have successfully connected to the internet using my 3G dongle, a Huawei E1550 (even if it's not part of the supported devices in the pull down menu)..:)

Another thing, I was wondering if a bluetooth dongle will also work with our 1024. Is there an app that I can download to test this?

Thanks in Advance and Thanks again for a wonderful CFW!:)

Cheers!

BTW @ LFom, I'm still not sure what the "treat" is inside the V1.5 CFW...is there a hint?:)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I use a BT dongle with my Kyros, just a matter of changing USB to host mode, connect the dongle using the provided OTG cable and enable Bluetooth in preferences. It works with most things, like sending files or headsets, but you may need to install additional apks for other things like PS3 controller, receiving files (ES File Manager works if you enable BT server in its settings AFAIK) and keyboards.

Info about V1.5 (EVO) can be found in another thread --> http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...o-custom-gingerbread-android-2-3-mid1024.html

The "hidden gift" was the Microbes LWP.

ethraza

Oct 21, 2011
Recently started a Market problem. I can open the Market and can update apps if there is more than one to update, but if I click over an app to see the details it slap me with a Force Close. I already cleaned the Market cache and even uninstalled the updated market. The old market works right but it took just some seconds to get updated and the problem comes back with the new Market (3.4.4). Somebody knows what can I do to fix that?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You can edit your build.prop file in /system and change SDK version from 10 to 9. See threads elsewhere for more info.

Or upgrade to V1.5 EVO, it will fix Market problem. You can even keep all your programs by disabling WIPE_DATA (see install/customization instructions), but it is advised that you do a full install with wipe data at least once, so you can insall any further upgrades (if there is one).

ethraza

Oct 21, 2011
So, do you recommend v1.5 EVO over the 1.3 from this post?
If so, I will update soon. Dont care too much about wipe everything, Appbrain with its Fast Install helps a lot to get all apps back. ;)

Thank you

Last edited:

JonesLegacy

Oct 4, 2011
CFW-KyrosMID1024-GingerLF-V1.5

Will this work on my MID1024-4G?

Thanks again....

I tried to get the Terminal Emulator to work. Not sure how to do it. I read
Chris

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
So, do you recommend v1.5 EVO over the 1.3 from this post?
If so, I will update soon. Dont care too much about wipe everything, Appbrain with its Fast Install helps a lot to get all apps back. ;)

Yes, go straight to V1.5.

CFW-KyrosMID1024-GingerLF-V1.5
Will this work on my MID1024-4G?
Thanks again....
I tried to get the Terminal Emulator to work. Not sure how to do it. I read
Chris

It will work with any Kyros MID1024 with the 1024n board. Follow the thread linked in the OP to make sure your board is compatible. If it's a 1025_v4, there are 2 CFW for it that may work, but they are Android 2.2 (Froyo) still since there are no drivers for the digitizer that work on Gingerbread so far.

JonesLegacy

Oct 4, 2011
The little task killer that came preinstalled on the main screen i deleted off the board, were can i find it to put it back on the main screen? Can I change the clock?

JonesLegacy

Oct 4, 2011
Thanks again........
Does GPS work?
Blue Tooth?
How do i get the task killer back in the main screen? It's the one that a small sun and cloud in it.......

adiehl777

Dec 1, 2011
Thanks again........
Does GPS work?
Blue Tooth?
How do i get the task killer back in the main screen? It's the one that a small sun and cloud in it.......

Though I've yet to try, gps and bluetooth are supposed to work with the appropriate usb dongle attached. The kyros doesn't have internal gps or bluetooth hardware.

The task manager is a widget. Long press home screen>widgets>es task manager. Viola!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Android Tablet Forum

ethraza

Oct 21, 2011
This version of GingerLF isn't supported anymore. Please upgrade to the latest version (V1.5 EVO):
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...o-custom-gingerbread-android-2-3-mid1024.html

Any patches or upgrades will be released for EVO only. Any questions should be directed to the EVO thread as well.

Thanks
Hi.
I believe that would be more informative, at least for new comers, if you add the link for the 1.5 Evo at the first post showing it as a continuation (1.2, 1.3, 1.5 EVO). A little, explabation of why 1.5 and what is evo would be welcome too.
Thanks anyway for the great work. :-]