[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
HMDI with sound is working at least since V1.2 (I didn't have the proper cable to test it previously), but it works where smoothly with a 24" Samsung LED TV/Monitor.

akkietakkie

Nov 12, 2011
Hi,

I'm a very happy user of the 1.3 rom, thanks! It really makes my tablet rock!
But.. I have a small problem now. The market has been updated automatically to 3.4.4 and has become buggy, it crashes upon opening apps. So I can not use the market.
I've tried to delete the market (it returns to the "factory" version), it then automatically installs the 3.4.4 again..
I had no problems what so ever with the previous version. (3.3.11 or something like that)

Can anyone help?
And furthermore (its nearly christmas, wishing-time) I tried all different options to disable the "B" button, but I don't manage to shut that one off, and keek having a continuously opening browser, very anoying.. Can anyone help me with that to?

Well, thanks again for the rom, I'm impressed and hope you can help me.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It's weird because mine is still 3.3.11... Well, anyway, I think the only way to prevent the update is getting the 20110307 package from goo-inside.me - gapps downloads then copy FOTAKill.apk to /system/app using a file manager with root privileges, then uninstall 3.4.4. You may need to install 3.3.11 manually later as the built-in version is older.

Check the tips on the main page about disabling the browser button (it will still work as a normal b key tho). The other alternative is renaming or editing the files in /system/usr/keylayout, bu be aware that doing it will prevent the use of an external USB keyboard.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
But I found a fix for Market 3.4.4: use build.prop.kyros instead. You can do it manually using adb or Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /
cd /system
cp -rf build.prop.kyros build.prop

Then reboot tablet. You may need to clear Market's data in Settings.

It seems that it requires libaries available only on Android 2.3.3+ (SDK 10), and those are missing in the 2.3 build used for Kyros x024 CFWs.

Some apps may be missing or show as not compatible because tablet isn't using Galaxy Tab fingerprint anymore, but this happens mostly for games and they don't work well on Kyros anyway (like GT Racing: Motor Academy Free+ HD).

I will try to find a fingerprint for SGT that uses version 2.3...

adiehl777

Dec 1, 2011
But I found a fix for Market 3.4.4: use build.prop.kyros instead. You can do it manually using adb or Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /
cd /system
cp -rf build.prop.kyros build.prop

Then reboot tablet. You may need to clear Market's data in Settings.

It seems that it requires libaries available only on Android 2.3.3+ (SDK 10), and those are missing in the 2.3 build used for Kyros x024 CFWs.

Some apps may be missing or show as not compatible because tablet isn't using Galaxy Tab fingerprint anymore, but this happens mostly for games and they don't work well on Kyros anyway (like GT Racing: Motor Academy Free+ HD).

I will try to find a fingerprint for SGT that uses version 2.3...

Thanks for all your hard work!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@adiehl777: you're welcome. ;)

Confirmed: the culprit is indeed SDK version. I couldn't find a 2.3/2.3.1/2.3.2 fingerprint for GT-P1000 or SPH-P100, but simply changing SDK version in build prop should allow you to still see/run most apps, if not all. In the default build.prop (copy build.prop.tab to build.prop first if you have replaced build.prop with another version), replace:

ro.build.version.sdk=10

with

ro.build.version.sdk=9

Then restart tablet. If stil getting fc, go to Settings can clear Market's data.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Hey guys kick ass ROM. Got my pad about an hour ago, checked the board version. If anybody need the line number I got for the GuitarXXX line let me know. Anyway It came with a half loaded battery so I downloaded the ROM directly to the pad and was rooted running the ROM before it was even half an hour old. Gotta say pretty sleek pad right out of the box. Anybody need a sacrificial pad for betas let me know.

d_rex

Dec 21, 2011
My Mid1024 shows some heavy touchscreen delay. Something about 0,5 sec. It was already there, on the stock rom, and it makes gaming really anoying.
Maybe it's related to the 10 points multi-touch. I tried to limit it to 5 points by addind "ro.product.max_num_touch=5" to buil.prop, but it didn't work.
Are you facing the same problem?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No, it's not related. It's probably a harware problem, maybe a failing internal SD card (yes, Kyros x024 use a microSD internally). Some people that replaced the internal card with a bigger one reported slowness, and it turned out that the card was bad or it wasn't actually Class4 or higher.

Plug

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks a lot!

Now I'm using CFW-MID1024-GingerLF-V1.3 version and HDMI video and audio is running ok. Now I can watch Youtube, Netflix, etc, from tablet to TV. The problem with Market is the only one think that need to be improved to be perfect. If I find problems with this version, I will report.

Thanks (again!)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
The problem with Market is the only one think that need to be improved to be perfect. If I find problems with this version, I will report

WHat problem? There is a fix for Market 3.4.4 already, did you try it??