Chances on 4.2.2 Update?

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Agreed, can't believe we aren't getting so many more members with how affordable this tablet is. $225 for me, $20 for a 32 GB SD card, $10.00 case and $10.00 3 pack of protectors. I am all set for the same price of some very similar tablets.

Not to mention a SquareTrade Extended Warranty is only $69.99 for 3 year ADH as compared to the AT305 3 year ADH is $99.99.
That makes it an even greater value. ;)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Not to mention a SquareTrade Extended Warranty is only $69.99 for 3 year ADH as compared to the AT305 3 year ADH is $99.99.
That makes it an even greater value. ;)

I use SquareTrade on all my devices, My grandson broke the screen on one tablet, that was over a year old, I sent the tablet to SquareTrade about a week later they paid me full price for the tablet, the tablet had depreciated after a year, and honestly wasn't worth full priced, none the less they paid me full price.

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
Is anyone else having issues after upgrading to jellybean? Boot up is way slower. Now my SD card and USB drive won't mount.

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
Is anyone else having issues after upgrading to jellybean? Boot up is way slower. Now my SD card and USB drive won't mount.

I had no issues what so ever. :| My boot time didn't change on the update, but everything went very smooth for me. Sorry to hear you are having some issues.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013

I rarely boot, as I usually suspend, but the few times I have it seemed about the same. SD and USB working fine and I have used both a few times after update.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012

I can't really say there was any difference for me.
Except I was backwards. :rolleyes:

Mine came stock with JB and I have since downgraded to ICS with some tweaks Thanks to a Geek friend.

I may think of going back to JB if they ever release a better update to the original one.
And I get confirmation from those on here things have been fixed.
But until then I'm sticking with ICS...

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Don't give up there are plenty of other much more knowledagble people on here. GOOD LUCK!

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013

I just noticed you mention this in another thread specific to your camera. Have you tried a different USB drive and/or sd card?

MichaelM

Aug 24, 2013
Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind me resurrecting an old thread too much.

I bought my wife and son a 2109a each a few days ago. They cost £109 each including delivery and we were surprised when they arrived to find a free techair cover with each tablet.

The first thing I did after turning them on for the first time was to update. But the update, although quite large, still kept the tablets on 4.1.1 and the only difference I could see was the boot animation had changed.

Is there any more word on a 4.2.2 or even 4.2.1 update?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Doubt there will be an official 4.2- There is a CM10.1 project tho. Its on the lenovo website forum.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind me resurrecting an old thread too much.

I bought my wife and son a 2109a each a few days ago. They cost £109 each including delivery and we were surprised when they arrived to find a free techair cover with each tablet.

The first thing I did after turning them on for the first time was to update. But the update, although quite large, still kept the tablets on 4.1.1 and the only difference I could see was the boot animation had changed.

Is there any more word on a 4.2.2 or even 4.2.1 update?

The only official update for the tablet is 4.1.1, I prefer 4.0.4 over 4.1.1 there are several roms on this forum by flashallthetime you can try them if you want.

Last edited: