Charging Indicator

edap

Dec 12, 2012
You could try the app noled in the play store. I have used it for other notifications but it says it has a charging notification too.

NoLED is an application designed to show notifications on a smartphone's screen. It was developed initially for Samsung phones that lack a physical dedicated LED and indeed supports charging indicator notification. However, users' comments indicate that it tends to be a battery hog, which would make it a nonstarter for me.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I like the idea used in the latest moto-x phone. Only a small part of the screen comes on for notifications. This could be used when charging to give a constant, but lower power usage charge indication.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm trying NoLED out and it looks pretty good. It seems all the battery hog stuff can be turned off, if all you want is a charging indicator.

Under "Miscellaneous", I unchecked "Auto-start", and put the widget on my home screen. Now I can tap the wiget before charging to turn it on, and tap after charging to turn it off.

Under "Notifications' Settings" I unchecked all except "Charging Indicator". If it's checking everything in sight, I can understand the battery hog complaint.

Under "Charging Indicator", you have two choices. I chose #1 because I always wait till it's fully charged.
1.) "Only on 100%" gives you a blank screen until fully charged and then a box that has "100%" in it.
2.) "Dismiss on 100%" is a box that updates your % of charge until fully charged and then a blank screen.

NOTE: You cannot use your tablet while charging if the app is running. It keeps your screen blanked out.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
NOTE: You cannot use your tablet while charging if the app is running. It keeps your screen blanked out.

I, also wait to get a full charge before unplugging. However, sometimes I need to use my tablet while it's charging, so this app wouldn't work for me. Unless, of course, I had a second, backup tab.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Same on the A500. Acer seems to have adopted the same regimine for all the A series tablets.

on the NOTE 10.1, when tablet is OFF the screen comes up with a big battery icon which is animated.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I usually charge my N7 with the tablet turned off, so I just discovered this today. If you tap the power button while it's charging, and bring up the "Lock" screen a message scrolls across the screen saying it's charging and gives you the percent of charge in the tablet. Once the tablet is fully charged, the message says "Charged".