Charging the le pan TC970?

m3h5l5

Dec 20, 2011
I just got my Le pan yesterday an it came 60% charged im wondering if i should let it die and then charge fully or charge it up from 60%. And how should i go about charging in the future?

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
The instructions say to fully charge it before 1St use. I was having freeze issues with mine and tech support told me to fully drain the battery to reset it. So if I were you I would charge it over night and then if you are having stability issues run that baby down til it shuts itself off. Also they must be charged with the charger and not via USB to the computer.

Last edited:

spikeman

Dec 23, 2011
how you can drain the battery down if the tablet hold (always) the 20% for itself before shutdown

if the batt at 100% =7hrs the 20% is like 1 1/2 hrs ...how can save for itself 1 1/2 hours of work? no sense

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
how you can drain the battery down if the tablet hold (always) the 20% for itself before shutdown

if the batt at 100% =7hrs the 20% is like 1 1/2 hrs ...how can save for itself 1 1/2 hours of work? no sense

Well spikeman I guess "all the wat down" is relative. I am sure they mean until it shuts down.

AfterShafter

Dec 1, 2011
Yours shuts down at 20% Spike? Odd... Mine warns me at 22% and shuts down below 10%. Assuming my widget is even remotely accurate.

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Yesterday I had mine run all the way to dead-ass empty with no warning whatsoever. I was playing a game, and then it turned off. Period. Zero juice. It was weird because the next time, it gave me a full pop-up window warning. It only happened once, which is really, really strange to me.

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
Does anyone else notice that the battery drains when the tablet is totally shut off? I charged it yesterday and when I turned it totally off, it was at 99%. I powered it up today and it was at 83%

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That seems kind of high for totally turned off. You will see some battery leak when totally powered down with any battery but 99% to 83% sounds high for one day.

bmedicky

Apr 19, 2011
I think leaving Wifi on when the tablet is sleeping runs the battery down. When I turn Wifi off first , the battery status is basically unchanged during the time it sleeps.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
I think leaving Wifi on when the tablet is sleeping runs the battery down. When I turn Wifi off first , the battery status is basically unchanged during the time it sleeps.
That's a good point, you are right. Wifi will consume power if it's enabled even when the tablet is apparently sleeping.

If you don't have any download tasks on the background, you can use Settings to disable wifi when tablet goes to sleep by default. It will disconnect from wifi, and you get booted off irc servers, etc, but you do save power. ;)