Cheap tablet as funky alarm clock/radio etc

fergusfog

Aug 17, 2010
Hey folks,

I'm wondering if I couldn't bypass this Pure Sensia/Sony Dash type thing and use a cheapo Android tablet to do the same thing.
Has anyone done this?

I guess it just needs to stand up, have wireless, Android Marketplace (preferably) and some decent apps for streaming music from WAN, listening to internet radio and to wake me up.

Surely someone's done this before... :)

Ferg.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Rings Extended or AppAlarm Pro might meet your needs. I just tried AppAlarm Pro and it did load my Pandora as an alarm. Never considered my tablet for this. Interesting.

Best of luck

fergusfog

Aug 17, 2010
Thanks gurgle,

I was referring more to any appropriate hardware out there that I might get for cheap.
This is one application where a resisitive screen wouldn't be a massive disadvantage, for example, but I don't know which Android tablets are decent, or indeed whether to just wait for the big companies to come out with some better machines...

Ferg.

metinex

Jan 7, 2011
I am also thinking using my an android tablet as an alarm clock in my bedroom. Archos and other vendors are offering something around $80 which is a good price.

What I am wondering
- How I can make it stand?
- I hope also that I can keep clock dash visible all the time when I keep it connected to the charger.

Ideas are welcome.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You could probably use tasker to make it start your desk mode on ac power..