Coby 7015 WiFi Issue - Resolved (I think)

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I was having issues with the Coby 7015 unit coming out of standby and WiFi not working sometimes and I'd have to turn it off and back on or sometimes reset the unit. This evening I went into the WiFi settings and hit the menu button, went into Advanced. Under "Wi-Fi Sleep Policy (Specify when to switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data)" I changed it to "Never", as the Coby does not have Mobile Data services. This seems to have cleared up quite a bit of the issue so far. I'm using "Battery Booster Lite" to turn off/on WiFi when the screen is locked/unlocked so that may have been making it worse, not sure. Still using Battery Booster Lite with the aforementioned setting, though, and things do indeed seem better than they were.

Hope this helps.

willyarnold

Dec 26, 2010
I did that as well, but mine still "wakes up" every now and then by itself. Did you eliminate this issue completely, or just minimize it?

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I did that as well, but mine still "wakes up" every now and then by itself. Did you eliminate this issue completely, or just minimize it?

No, this just seemed to have stabilized the issue of my WiFi not connecting out of standby mode and some other WiFi stability issues. It still comes on and goes off by itself every minute or two. I lay it face down ;)