Coby Kyros MID 8025 calendar

andrewcass

Jul 11, 2011
Hi

The program calendar comes installed on my tablet but it doesn t work! Ive the message No caledar selected ! There is no calendars on load list, and the is no option to create a new one, Is there an issue for that?

Thanks
Andrew

constomy

Nov 29, 2011
Hi

The program calendar comes installed on my tablet but it doesn t work! Ive the message No caledar selected ! There is no calendars on load list, and the is no option to create a new one, Is there an issue for that?

Thanks
Andrew

Same here on the kyros 7127 trying to ftind a fix but no luck so far

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
I'm not sur if it would work on your tablet but you can try Jorte. Is free on the market and it will sinc with your Gmail calendar.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Built-in calendar needs a Exchange account (or a Google one, if you have GoogleServicesFramework properly installed - you do if you have Market working). If you don't need or don't want syncing then you will have to install and use a 3rd party apk.

constomy

Nov 29, 2011
Well I have market working and gmail app off of market working fine... but it still says no calendars....

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Go to Settings -> Accounts and sync and make sure you are syncing calendars.

Then go to Calendar app, tap on Menu -> More -> Calendars and make sure you have at least one selected.

constomy

Nov 29, 2011
Go to Settings -> Accounts and sync and make sure you are syncing calendars.

Then go to Calendar app, tap on Menu -> More -> Calendars and make sure you have at least one selected.

There is no accounts and sync at all. Not under apps, not under settings...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Ouch... But you were able to add a Google account in order to use Market?

Maybe you can downloa a program from Market that gives you access to this setting... Anyway, it seems easier if you just pick another app for calendar management.

constomy

Nov 29, 2011
Ouch... But you were able to add a Google account in order to use Market?

Maybe you can downloa a program from Market that gives you access to this setting... Anyway, it seems easier if you just pick another app for calendar management.

Yeah I installed market from
And had no problems.. I just can't believe I can have market and gmail and not have any accounts settings! Thanks for the input man!

Last edited by a moderator:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Sorry, I've just remembered this: when installing Market manually, you also have to add the syncing backend from Google: GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk. But you should till be able to use sync with an Exchange acc (it shows as "Corporate" in Accounts & sync setting). Weird that you don't have it...

constomy

Nov 29, 2011
Sorry, I've just remembered this: when installing Market manually, you also have to add the syncing backend from Google: GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk. But you should till be able to use sync with an Exchange acc (it shows as "Corporate" in Accounts & sync setting). Weird that you don't have it...

So I dowloaded that apk, How do I install it? I tried just copying it to the root of sd and then installing it through file manager. It says installing then says "Not installed" Any ideas? I appreciate your time by the way!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
There are 2 problems:
- this usually doesn't work after you install GoogleServicesFramework and reboot: you have to install all Google-related libraries before you reboot the tablet when ading GSF. So I guess you will have to uninstall everything, reboot and try again. A factory reset may be needed if you can't install GSF again.
- you need a version that is compatible your GSF. For instance, if you have installed GSF V2.3 you need the sync backend with this version as well.

If you have root enabled, you can simply copy the file(s) to /system/app (provided you have the correct versions, of course).

cooolbreeeze

Dec 28, 2011
I have tried putting in the setting for my google acct in an attempt to get my google calendar..Do you have ANY idea what they would be? It asks for domain/username...Are they looking for mail settings from my google acct or just my gmail info? So frustrating ! Thanks for any advise you can give !!!

Rick in NJ