Coby Kyros mid 9740 no sound and no video playback on Youtube.

liamp

Jan 30, 2013
I was given a Coby Kyros mid9740 that was rooted and has CWM V6.0.1.1 for 9042 by Vampirefo but was stuck on the coby boot screen.

The person did have a backup on the sdcard but of course it was corrupted.
I found a dump on this site for a 9740 and was able to use ADB commands to restore it.

The tablet boots up, but there is no sound coming out of the speaker or headset. And if you try to play a youtube video it just shows a black box.

Is this a hardware problem or software? Is there anything I can do?
I tried youtube with the stock browser and Dolphin browser and both gave me the black screen.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

liamp

Jan 30, 2013
This must be a bad root, but everywhere I read it says to just reflash the stock rom. but I dont see where I can download one on cobys site.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You need to restore from a software dump, which is posted in the sticky threads in the Development sub-forum. Coby does not make ROM images available.

liamp

Jan 30, 2013
You need to restore from a software dump, which is posted in the sticky threads in the Development sub-forum. Coby does not make ROM images available.

Thanks for the reply, but I tried that as well and still no sounds and it still has black video on youtube.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You didn't make a system dump of your own before you rooted? That definitely would have fixed your issue since all the hardware drivers would be correct. Now, there's pretty much no option for you except to exchange the tablet, unless someone posts a dump that is compatible.

liamp

Jan 30, 2013
You didn't make a system dump of your own before you rooted? That definitely would have fixed your issue since all the hardware drivers would be correct. Now, there's pretty much no option for you except to exchange the tablet, unless someone posts a dump that is compatible.

I couldn't make one since it was given to me already rooted. There was a backup on the sd card but when I restore from it, it hangs on the coby screen. Looks like I will just sell it on eBay as is. Thanks for the info