Coby Kyros Mid7012-4G

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
he said return it and exchange it at hh gregg. i let it sit for awhile and plugged it back in. it came on long enough for me to hit the reset button and now it stays on while its plugged in. when its not plugged in it flickers pretty bad from time to time and the screen dims. do i have a lemon or is it just something i am missing as far as charging it.

Do as suggested: replace it. Bad unit.

macL

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks Snuffy47, Resident evil for the great posts.

Has anyone had trouble with the home button not working when google market is installed?

The home button is fine when I reset the software.

jp1216

Dec 5, 2011
How about Google Maps & Google Earth? Can't find them on any market... Best Video (AVI Files) Player I've found is RockPlayer.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks Snuffy47, Resident evil for the great posts.
Has anyone had trouble with the home button not working when google market is installed?
The home button is fine when I reset the software.

Same problem happens with 7022, so if you're using the same package, it may happen with 7012 as well.

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
Actually, without rooting, my 7012 is able to run angry birds full speed no problems. Im really impressed with this thing.

New things Ive done:
Install Zeam launcher (so fast!)
Using Swapper (not swapper2, which i couldnt make work)
Using cputuner (over overclock widget. Muuuuuch better!)
Opera mini (Id bet its faster than the ipad2 at browsing the web)
BatteryCalibration (this w/ cputuner turning wifi off on lock + getting rid of phone.apk gives this incredible battery life. Mines been on for almost 48 hours now, no charging!)

This sucker has really impressed me. Its got more balls than tablets twice its price with only a little bit of work and the resistive screen has kind of grown on me (im used to an ipod touch).

So if you can pick one up for $70 like i did, buy it. Worth every penny
smile.png

Sent from my MID7012 using Android Tablet Forumy

I have been trying to do this for two days and cannot seem to get anything to work except the cputunter part installed. Every other search I do on the Android market shows me Cannot complete search and makes me re-enter all the information. Where did you get these from? I dont know if it is the Marketplace, my tablet or something with my connection because I can search and connect to the internet, but searches in the marketplace and even trying to install the Opera mini all resulted in basically a "page not found" type of error. I want to avoid rooting as much as possible but with the way things are progressing right now, I dont think that will be an option for much longer.

Also, has ANYONE Figured out what the Nand access is and how to get things besides media stored there? The internal memory stating that it is 4gigs that is inaccessible is a little misleading if the only thing that can be stored there is media....

making me a little nuts...

Assistance is greatly appreciated!!!

EDIT

Also, how did you get rid of the phone.apk without rooting? I cannot even find it ;/

Last edited:

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
ok I think I figured out what happened. Apparently the Market updated and it broke my search function. I am considering reverting back to the prior version of Market and seeing if there is some way to avoid an update but I dont know if I should go this route.

Has anyone else had any problems with searching on Market in the last few days??? btw I did the "NO Root Marketplace install" option noted by the OP and other threads originally which was working awesome... till a few days ago.

jp1216

Dec 5, 2011
My search feature isn't working either. Haven't tried it in a week. Wonder what is going on....

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
I tried clearing cache from Downloader and market but it did not help. Search still broken on 99% of searches I do.... awesome.

And I still cannot figure out how to stop the stupid Cel search. Im rooting this.. Im tired of screwing around with stupid limitations... blah.

GiantRobot

Dec 11, 2011
I just received 2 7012's today. I installed market and it seems to work, but when I search, it says server error has occurred. Anyone have a fix? Thought I would try here first.

2ndchance

Dec 17, 2011
Where should I download all the files listed in post #6, to add market to my 7012?
I went online and searched the file names and found all of them, but then noticed that there were multiple files with the same name, but different file sizes.
I just want to be sure that I installed the correct ones to get Android Market up and running.

Can someone direct me to the correct files, or provide links?

Also, since these are for my kids (age 6 and 7), I don't need Gmail, CalenderSync, or ContactsSync. Can I opt to not install these APK files?

Thanks!

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
Search works again :> They must have fixed it because I didnt do anything since last night on the tab.. Woot !

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
So one thing I havent seen a lot of in this thread is people talking about a Backup before they root....other than to use the one program (Clockwork Mod?) that no one seems to be able to get to work.

IS This necessary, Due to the "Recovery" option built in, and especially since I dont think I am going to install any new roms, (unless I decide to go beyond 2.3.3 OS) just get rid of the stupid phone.apk as I have a great launcher now. Using Go Launcher as Zeam wouldnt even find on Market, and it actually seems pretty nice. MIGHT see if I can work a little more and fart around with Zeam but Go seems pretty good for what I am doing..

Anyway.. back to the question. Should I bother with a Backup (especially with the apps I have added) before I start to Root? And if so, what is recommended to do the backup?

Also still havent seen any additional info about the damn locked NAND memory... will Root release that too? I wanna get access to it for REAL storage. Still pisses me off they say it has 4g internal when we seem to get about 356m lol

Last edited:

rvp.770

Nov 26, 2011
Go to kyros tablet zone. If you want to get clockworkmod working. Zeam will work on tablet. But, luncher pro works best for me. Root it and get titanium backup. There is a rom on the site that will install clockwork.