Coby Kyros MID7032 and MID7048

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
Good day everyone!

I just bought a Coby Kyros MID7032 last week and another Coby Kyros MID7038 for my sister yesterday. We have no problems with the device because the only thing that lacks these devices is Google Play and there are many workarounds for that like Aptoide, Blackmart and GetJar.

We only have one issue. How can we use our 3G Mobile Broadband USB Stick in these tablets. Whenever I plug my USB to the two tablets, it is obvious that it is being detected because it can see the files of the SD Card inside the USB Broadband Stick (When I remove the SD Card, it gives me an error "USB is corrupted" so the SD Card is not the issue).

Has anyone knows any solution for this problem? We want to browse the net using this tablet anywhere using our USB Broadband Stick. I think the only thing it lacks is the 3G Broadband Software. When I had my Coby Kyros MID8024 before, I also experienced the same issue. But I was able to use my 3G USB Broadband Stick when I upgraded the MID8024 to a Custom ROM. So since there are no available Custom ROM yet (if there is a compatible Custom ROM for MID7032 and MID7048, please do notify me), having the solution for the 3G USB Broadband Stick would be fine.

Thanks everyone, I hope someone with a good heart will give a real good solution.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I cannot confirm this as I don't have either tablet, but I believe USB host support has been removed from all the new models as there is no mention of it in the instruction manuals and the adapter dongle provided with units like mine is no longer included. As to resolving this, it depends on whether the hardware components were removed. If the hardware isn't present, there's no chance of adding it. If only removed in software, it could be added back in using existing software dumps.

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
I cannot confirm this as I don't have either tablet, but I believe USB host support has been removed from all the new models as there is no mention of it in the instruction manuals and the adapter dongle provided with units like mine is no longer included. As to resolving this, it depends on whether the hardware components were removed. If the hardware isn't present, there's no chance of adding it. If only removed in software, it could be added back in using existing software dumps.

Hey, thanks for your response.

The USB Stick is being detected, I can tell you that. It is because it can also detect the SD Card installed and it can also sense when there is no SD Card in the Stick.

So I really think that it is just the software. Where do you think I could get this software so that I could use my broadband stick?

xxx_wea

Oct 23, 2012
Good day everyone!

When I had my Coby Kyros MID8024 before, I also experienced the same issue. But I was able to use my 3G USB Broadband Stick when I upgraded the MID8024 to a Custom ROM. So since there are no available Custom ROM yet (if there is a compatible Custom ROM for MID7032 and MID7048, please do notify me), having the solution for the 3G USB Broadband Stick would be fine.

I too am having this problem, only mine is on the 8042
Might I ask which custom rom you are referring to?

lalaland

Oct 12, 2012
usbhost is working fine on the 7030 (which is a 7032 with resistive screen), just mounted an external WD hard drive with no problem using the adapter that was in the box.
I guess it is just a question of finding the right drivers for your dongle then. Good luck.

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
usbhost is working fine on the 7030 (which is a 7032 with resistive screen), just mounted an external WD hard drive with no problem using the adapter that was in the box.
I guess it is just a question of finding the right drivers for your dongle then. Good luck.

I think the only thing that I need to have my USB 3G Broadband Dongle to work in my MID7032 and MID7048 is just a software to run it. Again, as I have mentioned before, I had this kind of problem when I was still using my MID8024. But when I upgraded my old MID8024 to a Custom ROM, it included a software that I could use to configure and connect my 3G USB Modem.

That software is currently missing right now. Obviously, it is because my MID7032 and MID7048 is not yet running on Custom ROM because there is no available Custom ROM yet (please correct me if there is already a Custom ROM for MID7032 and MID7048). So if someone could let me know how to get the software that could make me connect the 3G USB Modem to the internet, that would be appreciated.

Thank you.

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
My sister has the MID7048. I found a thread about rooting and installing G-Play on the MID7032, and since the 7048 and 32 are kinda identical maybe it would work. But lets ask first.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The new units appear to be refreshes to the lineup, thus 7048 = 7042, 8048 = 8042, 9740 = 9742. No guarantees since I don't have any of these tablets, but I believe you could install the 7042 ClockworkMod onto the 7048 and from there, install the Google apps using it. The only reason the 703X units don't have ClockworkMod is their hardware is sufficiently different to make the task difficult, if not virtually impossible.

Last edited:

dwyre08

Nov 10, 2012
My sister has the MID7048. I found a thread about rooting and installing G-Play on the MID7032, and since the 7048 and 32 are kinda identical maybe it would work. But lets ask first.

have you tried rooting and installing G-play in your mid 7032 already?and if it does work.can you give me the link of your resources?planning on rooting real soon.and what mobile carrier here in the philippines have you tried already? thanks!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I never fully answered romaragregado's question. For the 7032, the root utility in the READ FIRST sticky posts at the top of Generation 3 Development should work to root the tablet. From there, it's a matter of copying the Google apps files to the correct locations and rebooting to get the Play Store on the tablet.

dirkblooms19

Dec 1, 2012
Good day everyone!

I just bought a Coby Kyros MID7032 last week and another Coby Kyros MID7038 for my sister yesterday. We have no problems with the device because the only thing that lacks these devices is Google Play and there are many workarounds for that like Aptoide, Blackmart and GetJar.

We only have one issue. How can we use our 3G Mobile Broadband USB Stick in these tablets. Whenever I plug my USB to the two tablets, it is obvious that it is being detected because it can see the files of the SD Card inside the USB Broadband Stick (When I remove the SD Card, it gives me an error "USB is corrupted" so the SD Card is not the issue).

Has anyone knows any solution for this problem? We want to browse the net using this tablet anywhere using our USB Broadband Stick. I think the only thing it lacks is the 3G Broadband Software. When I had my Coby Kyros MID8024 before, I also experienced the same issue. But I was able to use my 3G USB Broadband Stick when I upgraded the MID8024 to a Custom ROM. So since there are no available Custom ROM yet (if there is a compatible Custom ROM for MID7032 and MID7048, please do notify me), having the solution for the 3G USB Broadband Stick would be fine.

Thanks everyone, I hope someone with a good heart will give a real good solution.

in my case my coby MID7032
does not have settings in system upgrade and i cannot find the way to root my unit...
does anybody knows how to root this unit MID7032? :confused: