Coby Kyros MID9042 Stock ROM

nicogalan

Sep 22, 2014
I tried 5arid method again, but this time I think I did it ok...

last time, I copied meta-inf and system from first dump and .img from the second...

now I found system folder should be copied from second dump....

so, I did it...

same problem...

but it seems ES file explorer is newer or something because I can select external sd now...

sadly, gallery and camer still saying error about storage

cameras says "insert an SD card before using the camera"

and gallery says: "no storage, no external storage available"

should I try partition, format, etc from recovery?

thanks

PS: is vold.fstab ok?

PS2: I think, same problem from here....

http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/no-external-storage-for-coby-kyros-mid7048.49730/

P1030381.JPG

Last edited:

nicogalan

Sep 22, 2014
Problem solved...

it seems internal storage is not good somehow...

what I did was to swap internal storage, to external sd...

I edited permissions.xml and vold.fstab like here:

http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/saving-in-microsd.50462/#post256195

now I can use external sd like internal...

but... I am wondering what happened to internal storage....... :/

I will backup image now, and still accept advise to fix original internal storage...

or do you say it's better this way?

thanks

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It sounds like your tablet has a nand lock that has been tripped. When tripped, the internal storage is rendered useless.

nicogalan

Sep 22, 2014
It sounds like your tablet has a nand lock that has been tripped. When tripped, the internal storage is rendered useless.

yes, quite possible...

I received tabled bricked, and only way, was livesuit....

Or the livesuit/adb/cwm interaction just caught up. If the tablet is working acceptably, I'd take it and run. Fast. After all, you can use up to 32GB SD card, as opposed to what, 6 or so you had internally?

maybe too, I have no idea about issues between them... I am iden developer, I dont know too much about tablets :D

but I think this way is even better than factory, because everybody wants to swap internal storage with external SD...

this way I can use 32 gb as you say..... :D

I only tried camera and gallery, and it was ok...

I remember same problem for samsung i9300, when emmc broke...

you needed to swap to external sd....

thanks so much for your help :)

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
I may need to thank you for your solution. I have a 9742 with quite a history, has been bricked several times, has been flashed with livesuit then had CWM installed and reflashed back to stock, then had Mobiz ROM flashed six or eight months ago. Recently I tried to install a very large game on it (Weird Park), and after a reboot it started showing basically the same symptoms as yours. I may well wind up fixing it the same way. In my case I believe the problem lies in the livesuit flash, as this tab is too old for a nand lock, and if it had it I would think it surely would have triggered long ago. I certainly can't complain about this tablet, despite all the abuse I've put it through, and a few hours' use daily, it's lasted for about a year; I paid $70 for it as a refurb. Think I can rent a tablet for 20 cents a day somewhere?

nicogalan

Sep 22, 2014
well... new problems...... :D

wifi says "out of range" when I connect...

I readed same problem here...

I will seach again....

what I am thinking now is to replace permissions.xml and vold.fstab to .zip flasheable files and try....