Coby Tablet Stuck in Boot Loop

atomiccoal

Dec 30, 2013
Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all.
I have a Coby MID8065 8" 8GB tablet with Android 4.0.3 that is about six month old that won't boot past the initial "coby" screen. I have tried resetting it by the reset button on the right but it didn't help. I also tried holding the power and volume button down ( and vol up just in case ) but tablet will not get past the Coby screen. I have also tried hooking up to my PC with the USB cord but my PC will not recognize it. I have watch several vids on youtube and read several suggestions from other sites but still nothing. I know Coby has gone out of business so I can't use the warranty. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi atomiccoal, congratulations on your Coby MID8065 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 4 forum for you, where more people familiar with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
hold volume up, press and hold power for 5 seconds release power keep holding volume til you see recovery. Now factory reset.

atomiccoal

Dec 30, 2013
Ty for your response Vampirefo. I tried that. Pushing vol up and down with power button didn't work and I even came across your way of using the ext sd card, but no luck. The tablet still gets stuck at the Coby screen. Any Ideas?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
most likely you will need to make a recovery sdcard, I don't have a 8065, all my instructions are for7065, so you would need to adjust for your model.

atomiccoal

Dec 30, 2013
ok ty. I'm just learning, so I'm greatfull for the help. Where do I find instructions on making a recovery sd card for my model?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Ty for your response Vampirefo. I tried that. Pushing vol up and down with power button didn't work and I even came across your way of using the ext sd card, but no luck. The tablet still gets stuck at the Coby screen. Any Ideas?

Even if you need to make a sdcard recovery, you need to be able to boot to recovery. This applies to both internal and external recovery.

Try this thread for a description that may help you (ignore the back button):

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html#post297474

Once in recovery choose wipe data/cache

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@ atomiccoal, have you done anything to your tablet that caused you not to be able to get into recovery? The method I posted is for a 7065 and such work on your tablet as well.
Sent from my Coby 7036 Android Tablet

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
atomiccoal, have you done anything to your tablet that caused you not to be able to get into recovery? The method I posted is for a 7065 and should work on your tablet as well.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
That post even confuses me, he has a 8065 not a 7042.

Sorry for the confusion. Just trying to help the op get to recovery. The 8065 gets to recovery the same way as a 7042- if you ignore the back button.

Happy new year to you.

atomiccoal

Dec 30, 2013
Sorry for the delay in response to your questions and ty both for trying to help me with this. Vampirefo I don't know if this was the cause of my problem or coincidence, but I downloaded an app from Amazon the night before and the next morning it was stuck in the loop. I have read and tried several things and nothing will get my computer to recognize the tablet or get the tablet into the recovery screen.