7012 stuck at Coby splash screen boot loop

StizzyNyC

May 2, 2012
Hello,
My cousin just dropped off a Coby MID7012 and asked me to "configure" it. He is an older gentleman and does not know much about technology. I open the box and charge it up and all I get is a Coby splash screen for about 12 seconds and it seems to reboot. Does this over and over until the battery drains. I have read through the forums and have already tried to use the pinhole for a reset and that does nothing. I have tried to hold the back button and power button which did nothing. I do not think my cousin even used this device much because the plastic was still on the tablet and the stylus was still in the bag. I am not very familiar with android devices so I really have no clue what to do. Any help will be much appreciated...Thanks.

StizzyNyC

May 2, 2012
Not a lot of help so far :confused:. Well, from all the threads I read from this forum and the coby website I see a alot of reference to using the sd card. There was no sd card when my cousin dropped off the tablet so I'm curious to know if the tablet comes with a sd card and someone took it out or is that optional because a sd card is not listed in the contents? Anyway, I am not able to get a recovery screen by holding the power and back button but I can get it in fastboot mode by holding power and menue and FWDN mode by holding power and home but it just says to plug it in to the PC or reset. I found another thread regarding fastboot and had me use the command prompt to execute a fastboot recovery but that didn't seem to work. I am completely lost and just need to be sent in the right direction since this is my first time messing around with an android device.. Please Help!!