Connect flytouch 2 with rooted Droid 1

Petro1

Dec 28, 2010
Hello, i have a flytouch 2 / superpad / wowpad / hypepad. Im trying to connect my fl2 wifi to my rooted droid 1 . The droid is rooted and using barnacle. My ipod can find the the droid wifi hotspot and connect but the fl2 cant find it. Is there an app i need to install on the ft2 or do i need to reconfigure the fl2? Any help is appreciated.

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Android doesn't support Ad-Hoc (device to device) wifi... I don't think there's an easy fix yet

Sorry,
Richardo

Petro1

Dec 28, 2010
Android doesn't support Ad-Hoc (device to device) wifi... I don't think there's an easy fix yet

Sorry,
Richardo

model deb
firmware 2.1-update1
kernal 2.6.32.9
hzhao@emma#1
build deb-r2.1.1170
10 inch 1ghz, 256, gps,camera,3g. up to 64 gb flash

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
I tried the wpa_supplicant hack but ended killing my wifi.....
Not sure whether I screwed up or just bad timing & my wifi hardware decided to quit at the wrong moment...
Don't let my experience discourage the rest....

urphonesux

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Cruxader had to join when i saw this.

To restore your wifi just restart the tablet. Once you change the conf file you have to reset the device the for it to use the new file's settings instead of searching for the old file and giving up.
Alternatively, you can just delete the .conf file altogether and the tablet will automatically generate a new one on boot

This works on my hype-pad but i still havent found a way to use the internet connection from wmwifirouter on my Omnia 2 to surf the internet on my tablet

Petro1

Dec 28, 2010
ok. im really lost and really new to this pad. Not sure where to start. any step by step?

urphonesux

Dec 29, 2010
turns out i told you wrong cruxader....hope you havent destroyed your tablet by now.

put this file in your data/misc/wifi folder and reboot the device

remove the .txt extension and get rid of/overwrite the previous file if it is still in your device

had to crash mine to make sure

Attachments

• $wpa_supplicant.conf.txt
    184 bytes · Views: 637

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
Just before I did open my tablet, I came across another post about ad hoc wireless.
On a hunch, I replaced conf file in data/misc/wifi that I had deleted because I was informed that it would regenerate itself.
THAT gave me back my wifi!

So, I am back to square 1 where my wifi works but still no ad hoc wifi....

turns out i told you wrong cruxader....hope you havent destroyed your tablet by now.

put this file in your data/misc/wifi folder and reboot the device

remove the .txt extension and get rid of/overwrite the previous file if it is still in your device

had to crash mine to make sure