Connecting two tablets

trx_r4kidz

Nov 2, 2010
Hi,

I'm working on a project where I need to create the condition of dual monitor displays with two tablets. Where the two tablets, running android, are connected to one another and where one screen will display the exact actions of the other.
Does anyone out there know if this is possible? I have been searching online and have not been able to find any answers.
I am wondering if this is just a software issue.

Thanks in advance!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Why do they both need to be running android? because usually when you hook up dual monitors usually you have one computer hooked up to two monitors. So what you could do do is get a tablet with either hdmi out or vga out and then just get another monitor the same size and hook them up like that and have dual monitors for your android device.

blaer

May 26, 2010
Hi,

I'm working on a project where I need to create the condition of dual monitor displays with two tablets. Where the two tablets, running android, are connected to one another and where one screen will display the exact actions of the other.
Does anyone out there know if this is possible? I have been searching online and have not been able to find any answers.
I am wondering if this is just a software issue.

Thanks in advance!

VNC Springs to mind. On one tablet you install a vnc server and on the other you run a vnc client.

A quick google turned up this: android-vnc-server - Project Hosting on Google Code
Finding a vnc client won't be that difficult.

trx_r4kidz

Nov 2, 2010
hmm that is a really good approach.
they dont both have to be android, it just happens that i can get my hands on two.

ricky121

Nov 6, 2010
wow, never heard about this. you might post your question on android developer google group.