Creating a System Dump for Coby Kyros MID7034-4

popinman322

Nov 24, 2012
Erm, I rebooted into the bootloader, but now the tablet's stuck on "Coby".

This is supposed to happen, right? (Like I said, this is the extent of my experience.)
And, how do I shut down the tablet, exit the bootloader, or re-establish a connection with the tablet? (Since it's not responding to the power button.)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
popinman322 said:
Erm, I rebooted into the bootloader, but now the tablet's stuck on "Coby".

This is supposed to happen, right? (Like I said, this is the extent of my experience.)
And, how do I shut down the tablet, exit the bootloader, or re-establish a connection with the tablet? (Since it's not responding to the power button.)

If you are in fastboot mode type fastboot reboot

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Fastboot is just like adb, but you use fastboot binary instead of adb binary file. Also fastboot can only be used in fastboot mode, like where you are at. If for some reason you can't get out, press the reset button you might need a paper clip to press it.

Last edited:

popinman322

Nov 24, 2012
I tried fastboot, but it's not detecting the device. The only way out seems to be the reset button. :/

Does reboot from su cause the system to boot into fastboot, or if not is there a way to do it from the software side?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
popinman322 said:
I tried fastboot, but it's not detecting the device. The only way out seems to be the reset button. :/

Does reboot from su cause the system to boot into fastboot, or if not is there a way to do it from the software side?

reboot bootloader should do it, if not you can try boot combo like hold home + volume up and press power. Also windows may require special fastboot drivers. I use Linux and require no drivers for adb or fastboot.

popinman322

Nov 24, 2012
Most of the combos I've tried so far have gotten me to the recovery. :/

Power + any, Volume up + Home

I read somewhere that my tablet doesn't fastboot, is that possible?

Since I already have a copy of the stock recovery, would it be safe to flash the test one and if there's an issue flash back?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

anything is possible, as I don't have the tablet to test myself, however I have never seen a telechips tablet that didn't fastboot.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Since I already have a copy of the stock recovery, would it be safe to flash the test one and if there's an issue flash back?

How you going flash it? that's what i was trying to get you in fastboot for.

popinman322

Nov 24, 2012
It worked!

I'm seeing a few errors though,
E:Can't find misc
E:failed to find "cache" partition to mount at "/cache"
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

That and the power button can't be used to select items.