cruz tablet screen frozen

Nov 27, 2010
My cruz tablet's screen is like frozen...I have tried the reset button with no luck. When I hold the power button it asks if I want to shut down but I cant tap the button on the screen. Suggestions?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
This is the same problem I saw on two different demo models, and the one I tested at home. That is apparently a common issue.

CyberGenie

Dec 10, 2010
Try draining the battery completely (erases memory) then recharge completely. Worked for me. Also once you get it working, check for last apps you may have installed. Sometimes those apps can cause conflicts. Again, from experience.

KleanKutt

Dec 26, 2010
Im having the same problem..my screen is frozen with an Android robot and a hazard sign..and im completely lost..it wont turn off at all

CyberGenie

Dec 10, 2010
Caveat to what I mentioned before. My tablet has the tendency to freeze up now and then. What I discovered was if I pressed and held down the Power button even AFTER the aforementioned question pops up (Shut Down?...), the tablet will then shut down altogether. I then turn it back on and wait for the normal cycling. Everything works fine after that. Usually freezes up when I forget to close down some of my running apps. Also noticed that some apps have conflicts if certain other apps are running. Then the whole thing will lock up. But like I said, easy fix even when I can't access the onscreen buttons. Hope it helps.

Jan 21, 2011
I, too, have this issue. I have recently tried shutting down my tablet once I am finished with my work instead of letting it sit and go into powersave.

This has yet to cause the aforementioned freezing.
I have also noticed that when it freezes, it takes the table 15 to 20 minutes to "catch up" and run all the commands through it. Makes me think it's software related.

lilsussy

Feb 20, 2011
Caveat to what I mentioned before. My tablet has the tendency to freeze up now and then. What I discovered was if I pressed and held down the Power button even AFTER the aforementioned question pops up (Shut Down?...), the tablet will then shut down altogether. I then turn it back on and wait for the normal cycling. Everything works fine after that. Usually freezes up when I forget to close down some of my running apps. Also noticed that some apps have conflicts if certain other apps are running. Then the whole thing will lock up. But like I said, easy fix even when I can't access the onscreen buttons. Hope it helps.

Thank you! It worked!