curious about this tablet

xxcalibur

Jun 20, 2010

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
It is an Eken M001. It has Android 1.6 with no update to a newer version. The battery lasts only 2 hours and the processor is rather bad. I would look for other ones. I expect in about 6Month to be more iPad clones with Android 2.1 (or even newer) and with a better proccesor at prices under 200$.

blaer

May 26, 2010
Just got mine. It is a sweet little tablet. Not very powerfull but workable. (Much better experience than Windows CE on comparable hardware)

Has some issues with the Youyube app (won't play any youtube movies!) but that is easely fixed by installing the Skyfire browser which has an embedded videoplayer that does play youtube movies.

It is NOT an iPad killer, but then again... you dont get an iPad for $100. :)

If you are a regular consumer, then get an iPad.
If you are a tinkereing geek, then give this one a try. (But only if you can spare the 100 dollars!)

xxcalibur

Jun 20, 2010
yeah,i figured for a 100 bucks why not try it out. like you said its only 100 bucks. ive seem some "hacking" tutorials for it, may try it. as long as i can read books/comics, listen to mp3s, and occasionally browse the net via wifi im ok with that. im hoping alot of my appz work on it that work on my droid.

eafalla

Jun 27, 2010
Stay away from EKEN products, they are very slow and end up just being a paperweight. It is definitely worth the extra money to invest in better tablets such as the Rockchip based ones Android Tablet Professional Version.

Here is a review of the m003 the 8" tablet
. You can see how crappy it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Stay away from EKEN products, they are very slow and end up just being a paperweight. It is definitely worth the extra money to invest in better tablets such as the Rockchip based ones Android Tablet Professional Version.

Here is a review of the m003 the 8" tablet YouTube - DealExtreme - Eken M003 Review. You can see how crappy it is.

I would tend to agree. Most of those devices have the slower VIA processors. Currently, the RockChips 2808 (600Mhz + DSP) setup is the device to go with. The interface runs sluggish on the VIA chips -- it's much smoother on the RockChips setup.

The Moonse E-7001 / aPad iRobot* is the way to go. Again, just make sure you get the RockChips processor -- a lot of the eBay vendors and other small vendors will list it as a RockChips but actually send you a VIA processor so make sure you do your research!

I bought mine from Merimobiles after hearing feedback that they are reputable, responsive, and send the right devices with good processors.

Last edited:

Stolz

Aug 25, 2010