Curtis klu LT8025

Frantique

Jun 10, 2011
Hi all, where can I get a recovery image to put on an SD? I have rooted the LT8025, but accidentally deleted /system/app/ content. :(

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010

toomuch

May 21, 2011
I really wish people would take the time to explain things a little better, all the tech jargon here does not mean a thing to me, I want to upgrade mine too but I need someone to explain it in a language I understand.
Thanks

There is no known recovery for this tablet but the update file could be used to re-burn the image if the device is hwver=0.7.1.5.

WWE08B_Android-2.1_0.7.1.5_v5full.ius FileNum: 0.7.1.5.1.5

See http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html for details.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I really wish people would take the time to explain things a little better, all the tech jargon here does not mean a thing to me, I want to upgrade mine too but I need someone to explain it in a language I understand.
Thanks

Seriously, that's the benefit of this site versus a developers only site. There has to be a little technical information since the device is running an operating system on a specific piece of hardware much like a computer. What works for a PC doesn't work the same way for a MAC.

With all the contributions in the Sylvania forum which has the same processor as the KLU, it was discovered that the automatic process for updating did not work. Since the updates are provided by the processor manufacturer (infoTMIC) and not the distributor Sylvania (Digital Gadgets) or in this case Curtis, another method was discovered to update the tablet.

Another issue though was update with what, if there aren't any updates or developers creating custom files. So with a little more investigation the infoTMIC update server was located and a method to verify what hardware existed and then how to match it to the appropriate update file. Our best attempt to clearly, without too much tech jargon, on how to update is posted on this site. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html.

This method would apply to the KLU if a 2.2 update file existed since using an update file from a 7" or a 10" tablet on 8" hardware will produce a tablet that displays a "white sceen" and is known as a brick. A brick is good for holding down papers on a windy day. Once an update is identified specifically for an 8" tablet with an infoTMIC CPU it could be updated with the method above if the automatic process doesn't work.

Any suggestions/comments or corrections on better explaining the method are always welcome as we started with nothing and aren't programmers, developers, or technical ourselves, just enthusiasts of our tablets.

Even though the sites below are for two different tablets, they both run infoTMIC chips so much of the information applies and provide a wealth of information when just learning about the basics of infoTMIC based tablets.

ZT-180 Useful resources for the ZT-180 on the Internet:
Wiki:ZT-180_FAQ - Most but not all of this information is applicable to the Sylvania

Last edited:

toomuch

May 21, 2011
Thanks Cfrokit, that's a little easier to understand, so basically in a nutshell there is no update for the 8025 and nor is there likely to be in the near future?
I think this is something we learn after the fact, I wonder if on this site you could put a "Warning List" or something which says "if you buy this tablet, you are unlikely to get an upgrade Vs if you buy this one it might be upgraded"

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks Cfrokit, that's a little easier to understand, so basically in a nutshell there is no update for the 8025 and nor is there likely to be in the near future?
I think this is something we learn after the fact, I wonder if on this site you could put a "Warning List" or something which says "if you buy this tablet, you are unlikely to get an upgrade Vs if you buy this one it might be upgraded"

How about this - "Warning List"

If you purchase a tablet from toy store or a department store (Sylvania 7" SYNET7LP) or a drug store (Sylvania 7" SYTABEX7) or discount store (Klu by Curtis International LT8025 8") don't expect too much support for updates, look to other users who have already purchased to see what they've had to deal before you buy. Good luck!

Updated - Some dated information on this site but a very good reference.

Best You Can Get

Droid Tablet PC Guide

Things to look for when shopping for a Droid Tablet PC

http://www.bestyoucanget.com/droidtabletguide.htm

Last edited:

toomuch

May 21, 2011
Actually that might even work, I really wanted an ipad2 but the wait list is until Dec 2011 at Best Buy, I dipped my feet in with this cheapo from Big Lots, I guess it works but not very well.
I'll play around with it until I break it then I will have to wait until I get my Bonus Check from work next year to get another.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Ok, this is my shape these days... 0.7.3.1 does not have any ius file. :(

So can we assume you found this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html which could apply to any of the infoTM Update Wrap (*.ius) files no matter what version and followed the step to identify your Hardware ID "hwver"? Then searching for that 'hwver" only to find that a file hasn't been identified yet, so you are without the appropriate update file.

A couple of things that have been posted -

• Curtis has communicated with a few users that a 2.2 update does NOT exist and may not even be in the works. However, another 8" infoTM device has been identified running 2.2 but the recovery/backup files haven't surfaced yet to see if they will install on this tablet.
  • 2.1 runs fine with some tweaks posted earlier in this thread. Removing a few *.apk files and making a few configuration changes help speed things up.
  • If you need a recovery SD image, potentially it may exist on the device already as it does on some the the Sylvania (a 7" similar tablet) in the mtd2 partition. On some tablets the mtd2 partition has a full copy of the latest *.ius used to update the tablet from the factory. Obtaining a copy is a little more involved and you can search for that method.
Finally, patience. On the Sylvania forum they've been asking/searching for a 2.2 update since the tablet was first sold November 2010 and while a beta version of the update surfaced in April, no "official" update that automatically installs using the System Update feature of the tablet exists 7 months later. Soon if not already, the hardware is so outdated that updated software doesn't make much of a difference.

Frantique

Jun 10, 2011
No, you missunderstood something.
I have accidentally deleted the /system/apps/ content, so now I cannot normally start the device.
Actually now I don't care if the restore will bring back "just" the 2.1 version. The device asks for SD recovery, I know how to make it, but I don't have the right ius file for it.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
No, you missunderstood something.
I have accidentally deleted the /system/apps/ content, so now I cannot normally start the device.
Actually now I don't care if the restore will bring back "just" the 2.1 version. The device asks for SD recovery, I know how to make it, but I don't have the right ius file for it.

Yes, understand no .ius found for hwver=0.7.3.1 so you need an update file to burn to SD. Still searching but found this post at Slatedroid.com Firmware for 8'' wowpad - SlateDroid.com. The KLU may be similar to the Wowad 8" hwver=1.7.1.5 so tried searching for 1.7.3.1 but nothing or any combination of ##.7.3.1.

You just need to make sure it's an 8" update file which there aren't many identified. If nothing is found you could try the 0.7.1.5 and hope for the best. Keep searching for 8" infoTM 2.2 tablets like this one 8" ANDROID 2.2 NEW TABLET PC F808 - MB-HWF808 - MOBILE-BARN (China Manufacturer) - Products and maybe we'll find the update files.

Frantique

Jun 10, 2011
Yes, understand no .ius found for hwver=0.7.3.1 so you need an update file to burn to SD. Still searching but found this post at Slatedroid.com Firmware for 8'' wowpad - SlateDroid.com. The KLU may be similar to the Wowad 8" hwver=1.7.1.5 so tried searching for 1.7.3.1 but nothing or any combination of ##.7.3.1.

You just need to make sure it's an 8" update file which there aren't many identified. If nothing is found you could try the 0.7.1.5 and hope for the best. Keep searching for 8" infoTM 2.2 tablets like this one 8" ANDROID 2.2 NEW TABLET PC F808 - MB-HWF808 - MOBILE-BARN (China Manufacturer) - Products and maybe we'll find the update files.

Well, I have already tried with 0.7.1.5, but the device rejected the SD because of the wrong hwver. :(

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Well, I have already tried with 0.7.1.5, but the device rejected the SD because of the wrong hwver. :(

For fun, if you consider this fun, is to try and "discover" the update files. Since it is not possible to browse the update server directories, one way is to try different variations of known update files names and apply them to another hwver.

The links to the update files all follow the same pattern.

"http : //222.73.93.45/update/" + the results from /proc/cmdline where hwver=##.#.#.# + "/" and the file name *.ius.

By concatenating the various parts together using different hwver and update file names, it will produce a link like the EXAMPLE below where the hwver is 0.7.3.1 and using the structure of the file names below in the image.

Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]NOT A VALID LINK[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#ff0000]This is an Example[/COLOR] - http://222.73.93.45/update/0.7.3.1/WWE08B_0.7.3.1.2.0_beta3_1.ius
[COLOR=#ff0000]Note: This is NOT a valid link, just an Example for illustration purposes only. NO known updates exist for hwver=0.7.3.1[/COLOR].
Using all of the known file names, and in some case a device prefix like "WWE08B_" these were all of the derived possibilities.

$file_search.JPG
Unfortunately none produced any file downloads but as more files are known more attempts can be made to discover newer files.

Wanted: Update file for 8" infoTMIC hwver=0.7.3.1

Last edited: