Curtis klu LT8025

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
There may be some help on another site. Android Tablet Zone - ATZ
good tech savvy people. Do a search for Curtis LT8025

Yes it is run by Super Moderator tipstir and in the LT8025 by Curtis International thread it seems they are pulling information from posts on this site and xdadevelopers > Android Development and Hacking > Android Software and Hacking General Forum and applying it to the device as we are in this thread.

Multiple approaches to the same goal of supporting this tablet by the user community.

In terms of new discovery of information specific to Hardware ID "hwver=0.7.3.1", an updated InfoTM Update Wrap tools utility was identified and in the burn.ini the following string was included - leading to to the belief that a update file 0.7.3.1_1.4.658(u0e GT2005) exists.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\×ÀÃæ\WWE8 down from FTP\WWE8 down from FTP\20110402-v2.1\boot\0.7.3.1_1.4.658(u0e GT2005)\u-boot.img
The search is on for the previously unknown FTP server containing update files.

Credits - www*apad*tv - Forum > Main Category> Main Forum > Technical Help for SP III (Fake FT3-SP2-Clone)> Superpad III Firmware & Tools Download

Last edited:

Frantique

Jun 10, 2011
Yes it is run by Super Moderator tipstir and in the LT8025 by Curtis International thread it seems they are pulling information from posts on this site and xdadevelopers > Android Development and Hacking > Android Software and Hacking General Forum and applying it to the device as we are in this thread.

Multiple approaches to the same goal of supporting this tablet by the user community.

In terms of new discovery of information specific to Hardware ID "hwver=0.7.3.1", an updated InfoTM Update Wrap tools utility was identified and in the burn.ini the following string was included - leading to to the belief that a update file 0.7.3.1_1.4.658(u0e GT2005) exists.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\×ÀÃæ\WWE8 down from FTP\WWE8 down from FTP\20110402-v2.1\boot\0.7.3.1_1.4.658(u0e GT2005)\u-boot.img
The search is on for the previously unknown FTP server containing update files.

Credits - www*apad*tv - Forum > Main Category> Main Forum > Technical Help for SP III (Fake FT3-SP2-Clone)> Superpad III Firmware & Tools Download

Sounds good, now we just need to locate the file. :D

Jimsworld

May 23, 2011
Hi folks,
I've had a lot of fun with the KLU 8025 tablet.
It's actually pretty decent once you get all the software installed.

- Angry Birds works like a charm.
- This tablet is also quite acceptable as a casual blog reader with it's
bright and easy to read screen.

I believe this type of table is best used as a single use "sofa" tablet.
Leaving it plugged in next to the TV appears to be it's best value.
I've used it mostly for lite when bored gaming, reading blogs, TV guides,
and researching TV and movies. "How old is Brad Pitt..."

Don't expect a $150 tablet to work like a $400+ ipad, Acer, etc.

(Fairly lame) video of tablet in action (turned on WIFI halfway into video):

I'm selling mine, fully installed with all the software from Tipster (and
my 8+ hours of research in getting it to work so nicely). It think that puts me at
around 10 cents an hour labor. :)

You want it just PM me.
It's yours with 2gb memory card included
and shipping included
for $85

See ya,
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

grimmyx

Aug 20, 2011
I have a few questions. One: Can some kind person tell me how I can get the youtube app? I can't get the android marketplace to recognize my tablet so I can't get there. Two: My camera hardly ever works. But because it sometimes works I feel it is a software issue. Any help would be welcome. I'm sorry if this has been addressed. I'm a n00b. :(

toomuch

May 21, 2011
Hi there,
Firstly this device runs Android 2.1 so sadly Youtube videos will not run on it, you can download the skyfire browser from slideme market which is installed on this unit, that will give you a small window which has some video capabilities.

The Android market is not accessible on this unit, the manufacturer used an open source version of Android which is not compatible with the market, you can use the slideme market or install the Amazon market app and download apps from there.

I have a few questions. One: Can some kind person tell me how I can get the youtube app? I can't get the android marketplace to recognize my tablet so I can't get there. Two: My camera hardly ever works. But because it sometimes works I feel it is a software issue. Any help would be welcome. I'm sorry if this has been addressed. I'm a n00b. :(

dizzypinut

Aug 24, 2011
Purchased on at...Wait for it...Big Lots. The 20% savings is only after you make 5 purchases of 25 bucks. So bought one.
Pretty slow movers...I was at two different Bot Lots, and they had them into the week.
Pretty decent Resistive Tablet - WIFI works great with MIFI card - Pretty quick
I purchased $12 SD Micro card (8G) - This thing has 2 slots...so will find out how far it will go.
SD card makes Xfer easy.
Able to find Youtube App for Android 2.1 - Works great...now have Youtube, Book Reader, Internet Tablet - Perfect for Lunchtime browsing.
With 1Gb Processor, don't know why FROYO (2.2) could not work - Not a Android tech, so I will have to read up on how to do it.
Apparently you need an "ANDROID ID" to use the official "Android Marketplace" - Somehow tied to phone number.
Reading tells me you have to download SDK and set up "FAKE" Android device to get number - not sure how.
Amazing Piece for $150 - Would have liked it for $120, but worried they would run out.

With TAB at $350, IPAD at $500, Xoom at $600 (unsubsidized), This is a Steal.
Has Headphone, but built in Mic - Will try SKYPE and see if it will work.
Run, Don't walk to get one of these (No I don't work for the company or Big Lots).

20 Year IT Dude!!! - Pretty Decent. Bought one of th Zenithlink's APAD on Ebay - Not half the unit for about same price (Android 1.5) - I have seen ROM Flashs for 2.2 - may try it...but KLU is nice unit. Not sure why they did not port YOUTUBE app - Copied APK file onto laptop, Used SD-MIcro-SD converter - Copied file, transferred to KLU (2 SD Slots) - Opened file and Installed - Wow!!! Easy - Hat's off to developers to ported the 2.2 Youtube app to 2.1. (Thanks).

I am new to a forum so please bear with me if I am sending this out wrong. I bought one of these tablets for my son at Big Lots about 2 months ago. He couldn't figure it out then gave it back to me, but he can't find wall charger. He also didn't get a USB cable with it. I don't know what charger to get as I can't find the exact charger specs and don't know anything about tablet batteries. I have the specs for that. I called Cutis customer service (the person could hardly understand me). He told me to call them back in 2 days after he forwards my request to someone so they can figure out if they have one!!! Anyway, I wanted to figure this tablet out and use it myself but I need to know what kind of adapter/wall charger to get so I don't fry the thing! Thanks for any help, I am new to forums!:confused:

dizzypinut

Aug 24, 2011
I am new to a forum so please bear with me if I am sending this out wrong. I bought one of these tablets for my son at Big Lots about 2 months ago. He couldn't figure it out then gave it back to me, but he can't find wall charger. He also didn't get a USB cable with it. I don't know what charger to get as I can't find the exact charger specs and don't know anything about tablet batteries. I have the specs for that. I called Cutis customer service (the person could hardly understand me). He told me to call them back in 2 days after he forwards my request to someone so they can figure out if they have one!!! Anyway, I wanted to figure this tablet out and use it myself but I need to know what kind of adapter/wall charger to get so I don't fry the thing! Thanks for any help, I am new to forums!:confused::confused:

toomuch

May 21, 2011
You can buy a universal charger from Radio Shack etc.
It should have the required plug and have an output of 9VDC at 2.5 Amps.

I am new to a forum so please bear with me if I am sending this out wrong. I bought one of these tablets for my son at Big Lots about 2 months ago. He couldn't figure it out then gave it back to me, but he can't find wall charger. He also didn't get a USB cable with it. I don't know what charger to get as I can't find the exact charger specs and don't know anything about tablet batteries. I have the specs for that. I called Cutis customer service (the person could hardly understand me). He told me to call them back in 2 days after he forwards my request to someone so they can figure out if they have one!!! Anyway, I wanted to figure this tablet out and use it myself but I need to know what kind of adapter/wall charger to get so I don't fry the thing! Thanks for any help, I am new to forums!:confused::confused:

dizzypinut

Aug 24, 2011
You can buy a universal charger from Radio Shack etc.
It should have the required plug and have an output of 9VDC at 2.5 Amps.

Thanks. I went to Radio Shack and they said they didn't have a charger that would work - but the only info I had to give them was the type of battery inside the tablet so maybe the sales person didn't understand what I needed. I'll try there again!!!

toomuch

May 21, 2011
It seems a little strange that Radio shack was not able to sell you a universal charger, they have tons of them.

in fact I checked their website and they list 3 different chargers with a 9 volt output capable of charging at 2.5 Amps.

They all had a selection of jacks to use with this tablet, maybe you should get one from target or walmart if Radio shack cannot sell you one.

Good thing is universal chargers are available just about anywhere, in fact the charger for my KLU gave up after only 5 charges and I am using a charger from radio shack to charge it, although sadly it has become somewhat of a brick right now, it still turns on but it takes about 30 minutes to boot up, sadly it's life seems limited.

Thanks. I went to Radio Shack and they said they didn't have a charger that would work - but the only info I had to give them was the type of battery inside the tablet so maybe the sales person didn't understand what I needed. I'll try there again!!!

dizzypinut

Aug 24, 2011
Well, Radio Shack had one that jack that fit inside up to a point, but didn't go all the way in and I was told that it needed to do so to connect to the "pin" correctly. Maybe it would have worked, but again I was afraid to try it and damage the tablet because it really it didn't fit all the way inside like my Samsung charger did. I have already tried Walmart. I will try Target. I was thinking of trying Frys but I don't have one very close to me. This is very frustrating because it does seem to me it shouldn't be so proprietary (sp??)

dizzypinut

Aug 24, 2011
I went to 4 Radio Shack's (actually I went to one of the 3 twice) and finally got the charger at one and the connector at another! I don't know how they train the people at Radio Shack, but it seems I shouldn't have had to make a quest of finding the right charger since they carry it!!! I'm glad I do not give up easily and THANKS A LOT for your advice!!!:D

toomuch

May 21, 2011
Glad t help, enjoy your new toy :)

I went to 4 Radio Shack's (actually I went to one of the 3 twice) and finally got the charger at one and the connector at another! I don't know how they train the people at Radio Shack, but it seems I shouldn't have had to make a quest of finding the right charger since they carry it!!! I'm glad I do not give up easily and THANKS A LOT for your advice!!!:D

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
Actually, you have to locate a seperate YouTube apk file to watch files from You Tube.
Do a search on sites "freewarelovers" or "4shared". You will find a YouTube APK file to download.

Hi there,
Firstly this device runs Android 2.1 so sadly Youtube videos will not run on it, you can download the skyfire browser from slideme market which is installed on this unit, that will give you a small window which has some video capabilities.

The Android market is not accessible on this unit, the manufacturer used an open source version of Android which is not compatible with the market, you can use the slideme market or install the Amazon market app and download apps from there.