Custom Sylvania ROM development

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I think the two merged. The way I read it, cfrocket has been helping them on some things. I am all for everyone working on a single project and making it "right"! I just wish that I knew more about it to be more of a help. I am waiting for the ANDROID SDK for Dummies book to come out so I can dig in and have some more knowledge of WTF I am doing!

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
yes, but cfrockit has vanished, anyone knows what happened to him?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
We added him on g+ and he was a couple steps behind us so we gave him some pointers and then he disappeared. Occasionally he pops up on google voice but it says voice only. Since all other people who were invested in developing roms disappeared one we hit the scene I can only assume they're awaiting our release to ask how the hell we did it.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
We added him on g+ and he was a couple steps behind us so we gave him some pointers and then he disappeared. Occasionally he pops up on google voice but it says voice only. Since all other people who were invested in developing roms disappeared one we hit the scene I can only assume they're awaiting our release to ask how the hell we did it.

• Nothing new to add to the effort, been engaged in other activities.

• It seems all development efforts (Flytouch, SuperPad, etc.) have gone quiet as well. So much for the release of the source Kernel to spur some enhancements.

• No new break through, no new "official" updates so pretty dead scene right now.

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Please excuse my ignorance, but I am new to tablets. Not to computers, however. Long story short, was there a ROM for the 10" sylvania tablet, and if so, where? How do you install it? I don't see an OTG port. ? :)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Please excuse my ignorance, but I am new to tablets. Not to computers, however. Long story short, was there a ROM for the 10" sylvania tablet, and if so, where? How do you install it? I don't see an OTG port. ? :)
Most of us have started out with little tablet experience so to get the most out of the device you're going to need to invest some time researching on your own as most of the information you need is already posted.

USB On-The-Go, often abbreviated OTG. As the 10" Sylvania has two USB ports it is the top USB slot on the tablet.

There is no custom ROM. There is updated firmware but the 10" tablet should update over-the-air if it is need. Additional reference to the updates is posted in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...agni-tablet-sytab10mt-synet10lp-189-99-a.html

If a manual upgrade is needed, the 10" tablet update files can be applied with using the method described in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html

To gain a better understand of the tablet and it's features the following can be referenced as the tablets are similar http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-official-update-2-2-a.html?highlight=ican

Last edited:

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Thanks. I was able to fix the "parsing error" when attempting to open a file, by clearing the dalvik-cache. I am able to use OTG to flash both my 7" tabs, but this one, I was hoping, had a better ROM than what it arrived with. When updating, it only puts the same model # ROM back on again and again. Frustrating.

neosnake

Feb 3, 2012
have anyone thought of ripping the burning exe apart to see how it burns to the tablet dl visual studio and open the exe i would but my lappys ****ed

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Neosnake we already know all that. Its usbread and write. Its a raw data burn method. Read my two threads to catch up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

framuga

Mar 3, 2012
Hi all. Some software known as jus for infotmic to back up the rom?
Before you flash the rom like to make a backup.
Is there any way to root tablet with 0.2.3.3?
Thank you.