Customizing Android

ryoiti

Jan 5, 2011
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and even newer to android OS features, capabilities. :confused:

1) Is it possible to modify (customize) the android kernel from all chinese-made tablets (ie eken, epad, apad..), since it's an open source OS ?

2) How can I write applications for those tablets in order to make them non-uninstallable by the users ? Is it just a matter of user/group permissions or I have to modify the kernel by creating these applications as resources/services of the OS?

Best regards

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You'll have to root the device for either of those things. For the kernel, the source has been released by telechips.
To install an app as a system app, put it in /system/app and set the permissions to 0644 (rw-r--r--)

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and even newer to android OS features, capabilities. :confused:

1) Is it possible to modify (customize) the android kernel from all chinese-made tablets (ie eken, epad, apad..), since it's an open source OS ?

2) How can I write applications for those tablets in order to make them non-uninstallable by the users ? Is it just a matter of user/group permissions or I have to modify the kernel by creating these applications as resources/services of the OS?

Best regards

Yes that's all possible, point 1 I can help with, point 2 you'll have to figure out yourself :) visit my site and see what's easy to modify, you'll be amazed how simple some stuff is!