CWM development

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
@sharpe351
Two things. EGL libraries (for 2.3) and stagefright (for both).

And this not theory. This is a practical study. Within a few months.

To confirm I can put cm6 build in specified state. And someone will add video playback acceleration if this possible. Sources are available on githab.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
@sharpe351
Two things. EGL libraries (for 2.3) and stagefright (for both).

And this not theory. This is a practical study. Within a few months.

To confirm I can put cm6 build in specified state. And someone will add video playback acceleration if this possible. Sources are available on githab.

We have had issue with hardware acceleration on both tablets I own(ed). The gtab I have currently is flaky at best with 2.3 for hardware acceleration, and HoneyComb, forget it. Its months away. I don't see the stability of the superpad/flytouch being able to accelerate and be stable. Are you absolutely sure it works with the stock firmware? When I had mine, video playback was shaky, at best. I did like the embedded player though, it would play anything you threw at it, but it was touchy. Too many stops and starts and the picture went haywire (requiring a restart). Why not try to work with someone on this issue? Techvendetta seems to be willing. I know rgocal will help as much as possible. I think they are building stagefright from froyo source for the grab. Can this be done to port the 2.3 in?

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
Are you absolutely sure it works with the stock firmware?
Yes. And for cm6 too.

Why not try to work with someone on this issue?
Only one person shared his work. Stragulus. I have repeatedly offered to give the source. Nobody is interested.

Techvendetta seems to be willing.
Willing for what? No sources from him. Words and videos... No questions from him. Seems like does not want help from any.

I think they are building stagefright from froyo source for the grab. Can this be done to port the 2.3 in?
Stagefright and so on. Look at ti omap sources into android tree (hardware/ti/omap3). As you can see it contained hardware part of. We need write something like that. With proprietary libmm_dma usage. But we don't have any info for libmm_dma. Have only drivers/media/decode into kernel sources as start point for that. And we can try write this without libmm_dma usage but...

Simple usage binaries from official firmware crashed android. Even in cm6. Seems like part of code into java part of official android.

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I handle those types of matters via pm's and this is helpful for the ican tuzz, in regards to your source where you using a specific cm build as a basepoint for the system structure or were you building your own generic build? The one hour test doesnt seem to be a cm7 build at all due to it's icons and some messed up files that fail to load on the ican.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
I don't know wich hardware into ican. This is NAND version tablet? Or iNAND? How many usb ports? What version of uboot? What's the problem with loading? Freezes somewhere or does not boot a kernel?

If tablet is 10" NAND version then remove sdcard from slot before booting. I didn't put into fw proper vold.fstab and vold will be crash with inserted sdcard.
If tablet have 2 usb then plug usb A-A cable into upper slot after 3-4 sec after you saw "android_" and see adb -d logcat on PC.
If kernel don't boot then flash kernel from latest official 2.2 firmware or build needed kernel from sources.

All the modifications relate solely to recovery. All the rest decided to simply creating a directory with the necessary device configuration files.
I'll post the modified files in the source tree and some instruction during the day or two. Link will give here.

And this is cm7 build. :)

Anyone with tablet with hwid 0.6.1.2 or 0.6.1.5 can confirm this after fw flash. After posting instructions with some files anyone can build it itself if wants.

Nobody does not create video session for us. Ok. I'll do it itself.

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Last nite I downloaded from the link on entry #12...
That version is different from the version I started with...

Is this the cm6 or 7 that you refer to? Which version is it?

I installed it when I got home from work.

Cannot say more.
:D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I don't replace old recovery build. This is not about recovery. This is about my engineering cm7 build. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-ii-firmware/8508-cwm-development-8.html#post127989

Not to be a stick in the mud tuzzz, but you are taking this way to personally. I personally applaud you for actually trying this in the first place. I think there are people willing to help, but you may not know how to ask for it or accept it.

Leeb may get short with you, but he is giving you much needed feedback. I think leeb is just aggravated with the whole tablet all together. We shared that aggravation for a short while, and he succeeded in partially reviving his tablet. I would venture a guess to say nearly back to normal now?

Anyhow, I hope you can get this sorted out. Hell, I may buy another one just to see it run. :)

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
Maybe you right. But I really do not see any way of obtaining the GL and any simple way of obtaining video playback acceleration into 2.3.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Maybe you right. But I really do not see any way of obtaining the GL and any simple way of obtaining video playback acceleration into 2.3.

Nobody ever said it would be easy. Especially with this tablet. The thing is, there is no source. The original firmware is a hacked version of a generic firmware. It works, but it is shaky at best. That, my friend, is the biggest problem with development of this device.

If I were you, I would start by unwrapping the original image files and seeing how it was coded in the first place. That may give you more answers, and maybe more issues.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
7734!!! Im still trying to get 2.2 to behave the way I want it to (that, and recovery), and y'all are talking 2.3!!

FWIW, I am running the original stragulus v5 on 0.6.1.5(587) with just-enough NAND to get it to come up (IOW 'normal' :D ), and I have no complaints at all about the quality of the DIVX-encoded videos (always jerky, IMO) I play on it (from SD card BWO USB adapter)....
(Addams Family running as I type!)

Have not attempted to use any other encodings.

Have not attempted to use HDMI. Have no cable and no HD TV to connect it to anyway, as all my TV comes thru an ME-box computer.

I think tonite I will reload the (672) and see if recovery starts up again.
Just because.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
7734!!! Im still trying to get 2.2 to behave the way I want it to (that, and recovery), and y'all are talking 2.3!!

FWIW, I am running the original stragulus v5 on 0.6.1.5(587) with just-enough NAND to get it to come up (IOW 'normal' :D ), and I have no complaints at all about the quality of the DIVX-encoded videos (always jerky, IMO) I play on it (from SD card BWO USB adapter)....
(Addams Family running as I type!)

Have not attempted to use any other encodings.

Have not attempted to use HDMI. Have no cable and no HD TV to connect it to anyway, as all my TV comes thru an ME-box computer.

I think tonite I will reload the (672) and see if recovery starts up again.
Just because.

Good to hear it runs. I want to port the player for use on my current tablet. You will have to break down your jargon for me... what is fwiw? And what do you mean by 7734?

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
@leeb
What is a strange with your hardware happening? :)

Inside stragulus v5 there is CCplayer. It uses fast home-made dma memory management. With this player we have most of avi's played normally. But color is 16 bit. For some videos it need reboot into "fullhd mode". In particular for most of 720p into mkv container.

HDMI is not working as expected. It works through a standard player by pressing the menu. Or any player which don't have menu by pressing corresponding button. But if you plug cable and properly switch input on tv\monitor you should see a HDMI sign into events panel. If don't then see first string in this message.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Good to hear it runs. I want to port the player for use on my current tablet. You will have to break down your jargon for me... what is fwiw? And what do you mean by 7734?

FWIW - For What Its Worth
7734 -- What? Youve NEVER typed 7734 into a calculator and turned it upside-down? Okay, so its the 'old way'...

'The Player'? Not sure what you're talking about... but Ive been using the Video Player that is in Strag's install... seems to work great for me with DIVXes.
(Actually they are quite smooth... much better than I would have expected on 256MB (oops!) of RAM)

Last edited: