Delete pre-installed application in A8

nor11wan

Jul 29, 2010
HI there I have one of those FS A8 tablet that came with host of pre-installed
applications most of which are trial versions or Chinese version !
I do not need any of these applications,they are of no use to me
How do I delete them ??

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
First go into settings, applications, manage applications and see how many you can delete from there but to get all of them away root your device and install titanium back up and UN install from there

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

gallert

Jan 16, 2011
Have you achieved getting all the applications deinstalled. I have the same Pad (Freescale A8) and I don't really know how to root that thing. Have you done anything else with yours to improbve its perfromance. Thx

Gallert

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Update to the newest January firmware. Root it (user root) with z4root. Then use Titanium backup to remove system apps you don't need.

gallert

Jan 16, 2011
Sorry, I'm really new to android and all it's features. I think I can find the firmware on myn, but how to I install the firmware. I have an USB connection cable, but I don't really how I can connect the device with my PC: Any step by step explanation how to update firmware and how to root the freescal a8 afterwards would be really really helpful to me. Thanks alot!

b1ackb1rd

Jan 1, 2011
Be wary of z4 root - I rooted but then lost wifi. Luckily my vendor 'ankaka' have good CS who sent me firmware and instructions to repair.